What's your X Pro 1's firmware version?

x.z.

Established
Local time
9:12 AM
I heard the firmware in retailed cameras was upgraded from what's in the marketing samples but mine still has Ver1.00, as you can see from the exif of this test shot. What's the version in your XP1?

BTW how to upgrade the FW if there is a new version available? I was not able to find a procedure.

Thank you.

Attachments

• DSCF7004.jpg
    DSCF7004.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
Oops it seems the exif was removed during uploading. Anyway it reads "Digital Camera X-Pro1 Ver1.00".

Just turn on the camera while pressing the display/back button
mine is 1.00
you can only upgrade when fuji puts the FU on their website, how else?

My X-Pro1 runs on V 1.00 for the body and 1.00 for the lens.

The Fujiguys have recently tweeted an ambiguous message that may be have caused this thread to be written:

There is too much chatter on twitter about the #FUJIFILM X-Pro1. I gonna try to reduce that soon.
There have been complaints about the aperture blade chatter noise on the 35mm lens. But frankly, that's all we know. So we just have to continue speculating ...

Just turn on the camera while pressing the display/back button
mine is 1.00
you can only upgrade when fuji puts the FU on their website, how else?

Is this written in the manual? Quite similar to the method of checking shutter counts on Xpan, though.

Just put the downloaded file from fuji on a sdcard via a card reader. Then put it in your camera and power up the cam press and holding the back button. The rest will be displayed on the screen.

My X-Pro1 runs on V 1.00 for the body and 1.00 for the lens.

The Fujiguys have recently tweeted an ambiguous message that may be have caused this thread to be written:

There have been complaints about the aperture blade chatter noise on the 35mm lens. But frankly, that's all we know. So we just have to continue speculating ...

Actually I got some information (might be just a rumor) from a Chinese forum. Someone said he found the Fuji official picture sample has a different fw version in the EXIF.

There are "wish list" and "bug list" in almost all forums which are discussing X Pro 1. As users we do have reasons to expect new fw to be available soon... but yes, we can only continue speculating

A lot of the early reviews of for the X-Pro1 were done using pre-production cameras which were using an earlier firmware and many mentioned that they'd reserved their final judgement for the full firmware versions. Others have indeed mentioned upgrades to the firmware but that was simply suggestions for what might be upgraded when that comes, hoping that this would solve the various negative sides to this fine camera (slow focusing, lens chatter etc). The only confirmed firmware upgrade has Ben for the X100 and that had been mentioned in reviews as an example for what might be fixed when we finally get a firmware update.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The 1.01 firmware upgrade has been really nice. Almost eliminates the lens chatter with the 35mm lens.

Back