When digital saves the day..

colker

-
Local time
6:58 PM
I travel a lot and when travelling i shoot the most for myself. When i say travel i mean loong distances, different cultures and .... airports.

One of of my most traumatic fears is meeting an unsympathethic security person by an x ray machine who does not care if you pushed the rolls of film you are bringing home.

Well, security measures at airports are getting tighter. For good reasons.. and begging for your trix rolls may hit total indifference on a tense day at any airport.
So.. there is basically two options. First is buy and develop your rolls at the place you visit. You can research shops and custom labs on line and arrange to pick up a big stock of film and leave them to be developed just before taking your plane back. Trust they will post your negatives and when they arrive home.. everything is fine. BUT... suppose you take a trip on the mountains or beahes and arrrive at the airport at the last minute... How do you leave those pictures safely at the lab?
That´s when digital gives you peace of mind. Just place your photo gear along w/ computer thru the x rays of any airport and don´t even think about it.

Back