Where can I find a Bronica RF645?

jacklam

Local time
4:46 PM
In the past week I have been looking for a Bronica RF645 body, new or used. But there has been no luck so far.

Keh only has lenses for RF645. Even a search on ebay for "Bronica RF645" has no result at all, as if this supposedly excellent camera has already been forgotten by the world.

That also worries me that getting accessories and service for this camera will be difficult in the future.

Any idea?

PS. what's the current price of the camera body, used and new?

Call Dury's in Nashville. They had two sitting around forever with a layer of dust so think you would need a hazmat suit to handle them. They were new BTW.
I want one SO BAD but I never could do it. I decided to be even more eccentric and shoot a TLR ;-)

jacklam said:
In the past week I have been looking for a Bronica RF645 body, new or used. But there has been no luck so far.

Keh only has lenses for RF645. Even a search on ebay for "Bronica RF645" has no result at all, as if this supposedly excellent camera has already been forgotten by the world.

That also worries me that getting accessories and service for this camera will be difficult in the future.

Any idea?

PS. what's the current price of the camera body, used and new?
I do not understand your post.

You are seeking to obtain a very hard to find camera.

And then you are further concerned that "getting accessories and service for this camera will be difficult in the future."

Since the camera was made in the past and is no longer in production, and since its manufacturer is out of business, doesn't the scarcity of the camera itself (i.e. your first question) answer your second query?

Last edited:
I just got one of these - traded a Leica CL/Rokkor 40, with Luigi case, with a RFF member. One or 2 shots left on the first roll. I'm very happy with it so far with how it handles, can't wait to see the results.

Last edited:
IIRC in the USA Tamron will handle repairs on the RF645
for another 5 years or more.

FWIW most camera models discussed here in RFF
are no longer supported by their manufacturers...

Chris

I just received the RF645 camera and two lenses from a RFf member in the UK.

It's like new and came with 19 rolls of 120 film! So I'm all set.

I haven't done anything with it yet but I must say that I like how it handles.

FrankS said:
I just got one of these - traded a Leica CL/Rokkor 40, with Luigi case, with a RFF member. One or 2 shots left on the first roll. I'm very happy with it so far with how it handles, can't wait to see the results.

Frank,

You got a very good deal ;) . You will love the results.

AusDLK said:
I just received the RF645 camera and two lenses from a RFf member in the UK.

It's like new and came with 19 rolls of 120 film! So I'm all set.

I haven't done anything with it yet but I must say that I like how it handles.

I handles very well. The guy who sold it to you must have been mad ;)

jacklam said:
I was going to observe that at this point most Bronica RF645 cameras have settled into happy homes so are not being offered for sale, but clear in this thread that there are a few changing hands. Just be patient and keep your eyes open... set up and save a Search on eBay, and check with KEH often (since things may appear only briefly). I think you can arrange with KEH to let you know if something you want comes in... And keep and eye on the RFF Classifieds too!

I concur with the advise to patiently watch eBay. I've picked up a complete 4-lens RF645 kit via the Bay... yes, even the 135mm lenses turn up there every so often. A saved search with email notification will work for you if you give it time.

Now, if you want to hear about a really rare camera, let's talk about the Plaubel Makina 670 and W670. The ONE time that I saw a P-M 670 on eBay, I was too slow to the trigger. When I checked back in to buy it, someone else had already snapped it up... the cost of indecision. And I've yet to see a W670 on the 'bay.

No problem finding a Bronica RF645 with some searching. You'll be getting a very fine camera. Best of luck!

Mark

Back