Where shall I go?

M

Magnas

I have a (rare) free weekend coming up. My girlfriend is in the Highlands of Scotland for a fortnight (Yes, I wish I was too) but I'm stuck down here, south of London. Anyway, I'm planning to throw my cameras and a tent into the car after work on Friday and head off for a weekend of picture taking with my Xpan (and the rest).

But where to?

My first thoughts are west to Wiltshire to capture Stonehenge and the even more spectacular Avebury in the early morning. What do you guys suggest?

Better not go to Cornwall. You could get seriously wet. :)

I found the area between Norwich and the sea a nice area. Horses in Norwich; pebble beaches and Victorian resorts along the coast. Classic Britain if you ask me. :)

Stonehenge is good! Also, be on the lookout for crop circles. Or do those come a little later in the season?

Yes, just watching the news about Cornwall. I prefer my landscape photography to be a peaceful process too! Norwich is an interesting idea. Very nice coastline.

I hadn't thought about crop circles. When do the hedgehogs wake up?

Please post a photo of your girl friend as I was thinking of going to the Scottish Highlands.:)

Just kidding, I think Stone Hinge would be cool.

Wayne

i can personally recommend the canadian rockies here in alberta, but you might need more than weekend.

but if you're ever in town...

joe

I think it is safe to say that my g/f will stay well and truly incognito. (Just in case :))

Ah the Rockies....well I've been thinking of buying one of those new car-planes....

Back