Where to buy a Diana?

jrong

Too many cameras
Local time
3:40 AM
I've been looking at Diana cameras on eBay. The amazing thing is, these plastic cameras are going for £40-50 regularly and one has to ask the question whether they really are worth so much money?! Rip-off comes to mind. Is there anywhere else one can get a Diana camera (in the UK) for a reasonable price? :bang:

Jin

jrong said:
I've been looking at Diana cameras on eBay. The amazing thing is, these plastic cameras are going for £40-50 regularly and one has to ask the question whether they really are worth so much money?! Rip-off comes to mind. Is there anywhere else one can get a Diana camera (in the UK) for a reasonable price? :bang:
I have been looking for a Diana as well. The price is very high because of the cult status. Diana clones like Windsor and Dories are a bit cheaper but not much. Also if you can find one without the box and other stuff it could get a little cheaper.

hello jrong!
ive lent a holga for a view weeks - its a funny camera but its too expensive!

some troubles i have had:
- batteries fall out, so ive to remove the film
- you dont know anything about sharpness and light exposure
- take a black tape because of leaky body

but
i like to shoot with this camera

I've got a new Holga - thank goodness they still manufacture them... and I really like mine, despite having to tape it after loading a film, etc. :) So what I am after right now is a Diana, which has slightly different characteristics, but it does not seem like I can get one very easily without paying over-the-top prices for it!

Jin

In case you didnt know, lomography.com has just released a replica of the original diana with a few more added options such as pinhole mode

I found a Diana camera while walking in a park in 1978.I cleaned it up and put some Verichrome in it.
it took very dreamy photos, very unique, well worth getting, I still have her.

EcoLeica said:
In case you didnt know, lomography.com has just released a replica of the original diana with a few more added options such as pinhole mode

Cool! I have two of the originals, but with clone names, not the Diana Name. One I got from a friend in college in the late 90's, and the second one I bought on ebay for $30 last year after my first one's shutter died.

My GF's daughter has a 'my little pony' camera that is at least as cheaply made as a Diana. I love the pics she takes with it, but alas, she's gone digital (with a $50 Walmart camera).

Lomo has just come out with a Diana +
It's probably a little more than you want to spend, but it cheaper than buying one on Ebay, and they are new.
Good Luck!
Brian

I found my Diana in a church attic sale, complete in box with instructions/unused strap and paid something like 25¢ or 1$ for it.

I recommend you hit every yard and attic sale you can find until you score. It might be awhile before you find what you're after, but I'll wager you'll score unlooked for photographic treasures for all your 'trouble.'

Besides, jumble sales are tons of fun, bargaining down the prices, the thrill of the find and they are ripe with opportunities for good shots, so tote a camera.

One last thing, always ask if they have any camera kit they'd be interested in selling and tell them your are ALSO interested in toy cameras. I can't tell you how many times people have brought out stuff they forgot they had put up somewhere, most of the time polaroids, but nice stuff as well.

I've picked up two SLR outfits, with cases, bags, extra lenses, etc like this and paid a pittance in the process. Always ask what they want for stuff first, often times the price will be so low you won't feel the need to haggle and since they set the price they wanted, there's no reason to feel bad about the really great deal you just got.

Cheers

Diana camera for sale

Diana camera for sale

Hi guys,

Noticed that some people are interested in buying a Diana camera.
I have one that was mine when I was younger, it's not in excellent condition & I haven't used it in about 20 years but all the levers etc are still working so if anyone is interested then please let me know.

Back