Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Suburbs dweller photographing mostly landscape

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • Countryside dweller photographing mostly landscape

Votes: 39 8.3%
  • some other mix

Votes: 144 30.7%

• Total voters
I live in the city in Atlanta, GA. I photograph people in the streets, in their milieu. But I also photograph the urban landscape as well as the small details of my neighborhood and others. Of course, I get away from the city a good bit to photograph rural landscapes and nature. Naturally, I also travel and my camera goes with me so I photograph people and places I visit all over the US and abroad. Actually, I don't think that I am too limited by where I live.

Nominally a city, I guess, that is much too big to be anything but a city compared to some of the towns and hamlets other folks here live in but calling it a city seems so unfair to it since what I really live in is just one big dramatic landscape between the sea and mountains. And what I take pictures of is people.

I live and photograph in Toronto, Canada.
A magical city with skyscrapers and volumes of green areas..
I can shoot candid street scenes, beaches, rural ravines, trains, planes and cars.
Parades, events and huge gatherings..
And quite lil cityscapes.
All easily and quickly available, with a vast transport system.

I live in Seattle and shoot at the Pike Place Market, Fishermen's Terminal and the Ballard Locks. I shoot landscape on the coasts (Wa & Ore) and in eastern Washington.

Best regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,
I was at the Pike Place Market such a few days ago!

I live in cow country about 17 miles west of Plattsburgh, NY, our 20,000+ megalopolis on the banks of Lake Champlain. I shoot anything that interests me: pastures, cows, horses, landscapes, barns, farmhouses, rivers, flowers; and street scenes, people, urban architecture, lake scenes, cars, tractors, trains, planes.

I live in rural Texas between Austin and San Antonio,
happily shooting landscape, cityscape, street, anything and everything where ever I happen to be that day, essentially all over the USA.

Still, nothing inspires like the ambiance, history and grace of Paris. I go there at least every other year. It never disappoints. Yes, that makes me a walking cliche but I don't care!

I am a seasoned expatriate and leave country A /move to country B once every other four to five years. This said, my favorite city to take pictures is Ho Chi Minh City, aka Saigon, Vietnam.

Back