Which 50mm are guys using on your Nikon RF?

I use the 2000 re-issue lens more than I do my 1955-vintage f/1.4 lens. I also have a Jupiter 8M that came on the Kiev I bought last year..... I really ought to try it on the S2 just to see how it does.

But in all honesty I use my Nikkor 3.5cm/f2.5 or my Jupiter-12 on my S2 a whole lot more than all of my 50s combined.

Here is a chart from Cosina showing where a Contax lens will be in focus on a Nikon mount camera. The O is ok, the X is not.

View attachment 4834127

If you can get the screws out, turn the optical block one half turn out, and replace with good set screws, you'll be fine but otherwise...

The Helios is worth the effort - it's a wonderful lens, arguably the best truly Soviet design as it did not come from something pilfered from Germany. If you can't get the screws out, I'd suggest selling it to someone with a Kiev camera and getting a different Helios instead.

(edit: Just noticed that it was from Fedka. If you mean _JUST_ got it, talk to him. IME he'll work with you. If not, well we need to know that too... )
A little update. Yuri was a pleasure to deal with. His communication was great and he sent me another lens. He even made sure the set screws worked this time. Unfortunately, this lens doesn’t want to mount on my S2 so I’m at a loss again.

Back