• R3A

Votes: 157 15.5%
  • R4M

Votes: 118 11.6%
  • R4A

Votes: 113 11.1%

• Total voters
music healing,

Best photograph I've ever seen of a Bessa R. Or of a Summitar, I might add.

music healing,

Best photograph I've ever seen of a Bessa R. Or of a Summitar, I might add.

Thanks Ted

I think i get too excited when the Bessa R arrive (from fellow RFF)
and after putting the summitar, take a quick shot by my phone

Just finish my second roll now

Sincerely
William

The R2 Olive for me. The Chrome trim on that green body looked fabulous.
I wish it had the winder from the Later R2/3/M/A series.
Does anyone know. Was there any Olive R3M Bessas offered?

The R2 Olive for me. The Chrome trim on that green body looked fabulous.
I wish it had the winder from the Later R2/3/M/A series.
Does anyone know. Was there any Olive R3M Bessas offered?

Olive finishes were offered as a standard option only for the Bessa T Heliar sets and R2. They were also limited edition for the Japanese home market in the L and R as I recall.

Stephen

I bought the R essentially brand-new, in Calgary for $400. Great camera, although the m39 mount is sometimes annoying/limiting.

The one that would be best for me is the one that hasn't appeared yet- a 20MP+ full-frame digital that takes M lenses and uses a Sigma Merrill sensor. And a price well under $1000.

Put me on the list, please.

Cheers,
Dez

I've had a 2M, 3A & 4A and currently just have the 3A. Surprised to see that this is the most popular as I was expecting the 4A to take the title. Recently got the Zeiss Ikon, which was partly funded by the sale of the 4A, and as usual, I can't see the 28mm frame lines whereas the 4A was perfect for this. However in all other respects the Zeiss is better.

My Bessa R was purchased locally, as in new condition, with black Jupiter 8 on it for $250. All in black package, I like it alot.
LTM (M39) is huge convenience to me. Modern, advanced, light camera which supports almost all 50mm FSU lens and less expensive 35mm. I have Color Skopar 35 2.5P LTM, incredibly sharp wide open and less expensive compare to any M mount 35mm lens.
Direct compatibility with most affordable glass is big advantage of R for me.

Ko.Fe. (and others), how would you compare the Jupiter-8 to the CV Color-Skopar? I currently have a Bessa R2 and most of the FSU 50mm lenses, though my Jupiter-8 lives in it mostly. Am I missing something by not buying a CV lens on my Bessa R2, or is the J-8 better than I'm giving it credit for?
I'm trying to resist GAS, but I'm also lacking information comparing FSU lenses to CV or Leica ones. I've been pondering a Nokton 40mm.

Voted for the R2M... which is the first Rangefinder I have ever bought. I hesitated for quite a long time between this and a Leica CL, but I really wanted a camera I could trust no matter what. Being able to shoot with dead battery is a big plus for me. It happened last June on the very first day of a seven days trek in the Dartmoor National Park and I was still able to shoot at every speed. And I'm really happy with the shots !

Lately I've been using mostly my Rolleicord IV because it's my last purchase, but I love to go back to the R2M as well, for different kinds of reasons and photographs. The Color Skopar is great once you become familiar with the little knob to focus.

dsc0911ww.jpg

Ko.Fe. (and others), how would you compare the Jupiter-8 to the CV Color-Skopar? I currently have a Bessa R2 and most of the FSU 50mm lenses, though my Jupiter-8 lives in it mostly. Am I missing something by not buying a CV lens on my Bessa R2, or is the J-8 better than I'm giving it credit for?
I'm trying to resist GAS, but I'm also lacking information comparing FSU lenses to CV or Leica ones. I've been pondering a Nokton 40mm.

Trying a few new lenses is hardly a case of GAS. With the R2 , wouldn't the Nokton 35mm be a better fit (35mm frame lines)? I just bought one from the Head Bartender and am looking forward to seeing the results on a few rolls I just shot. One thing I will say for the 35/2.5 Color Skopar: it focuses very quickly; I think it could be the fastest lens to focus that I have. Also it is very compact and light.

Apologies for late reply. After getting of R with black J-8, I purchased same lens, but in chrome, with focus tab. Old version. Using it for b/w, very happy with it. Easy to find filters, vent hood (don't really need one). Gives me what I want at F2 and really nicely buid.
Personally, I'm not into any Japanise RF LTM glass. Saving money for collapsible LTM 50mm Leitz and one day may be switching from 35 2.5P CS to slower Leitz. Not going to sell my "white" J-8 for it, with FSU glass, if you have good copy, better keep it.

... One thing I will say for the 35/2.5 Color Skopar: it focuses very quickly; I think it could be the fastest lens to focus that I have. Also it is very compact and light.
I have P version of this lens and really missing convenience of focus tab.

I have a rather scruffy R bought from an eBay seller a few years ago. It works well but the vertical rangefinder adjustment is out. I've read the instructions for adjusting the rangefinder but I'm not sure i want to risk it. Maybe I can live with it. It has lost a lot of paint off the bottom plate and I sometimes wonder if it would be worth while trying to patch it up. I also have a nice L, also from ebay, but really no suitable lens to go with it. It's good for practising zone focusing with a 50m lens though, and I have also got an Orion 28 mm (in need of lubrication, which I will attempt soon). Too bad my Jupiter 11 won't fit.

I currently shoot a Leica M2 and a Bessa R2. The M is my solid mechanical german beast. The R2 has the manually switchable framelines that I prefered while I had a complete rubbish 50mm LTM adapter, and a meter, which is hugely useful.

I doubt I'll need anything other than these two, but if I ever get another Bessa it's going to most likely be a R4A. The stepless autoexposure and the ability to use really wide stuff without an aux finder is nice. (I love really wide lenses.)

Back