Which Voigtlander lenses make M8 users happy?

I think the 50mm 1.5 is a bit of an unsung hero - fantastic quality of images and build, fast, and on my M8 pin sharp focus throughout. The 35 2.5 is also great, small, images please me. The 15 is good - but I don't go that wide that often so lack of enthusiasm is more my lack of use than anything else. I really like the 35 1.2 but seem to have a bit of front focus on my M8 with this and my 75 2.5 when wide open....easy enough to work through and compensate for or put up with but I'd be interested if anyone knows someone in the uk who could adjust them for me?

My favorite Voigtlander is the 50/1.5 Nokton Asph. on the M8.

The other two that I have used are the 40/1.4 and the 75/1.8 and both are wonderful lenses.

All three work well in low light which is a bonus.

Since total cost for the 3 lenses when I purchased these new was less then $ 1700.00 the performance certainly has exceeded expectations.

Life is Grand!

Dan

Very happy with my 50mm Nokton 1.1. Have had it four weeks. It is spot on wide open at minimum focal distance (.9M), which is what I bought it for. It is faster than my 50mm Summilux ASPH (new version) when wide open. Different otherwise, of course. Was very unhappy with two copies of the 35mm Nokton Classic 1.4 MC. Just a poor lens all around IMO and I returned both, although I know that many like it. The 15mm f/4.5 Super Wide Heliar was just OK - quite a bit of barrell distortion, fall off and red edge.
Rich

I've owned the CV 12mm screw mount and wasn't pleased with it and sold it to get the CV 15mm M-mount when it first came out. Something to be said being able to focus precisely. Now that the CV 12mm M-mount lens is out, I may get one as most of my photography is of the architecture that the firm I work for designs. I bought the Nokton 50mm f1.1 and find it a challenge to use wide open, percentages increase with practice of course, I shoot the M8.2.

The 28/1.9 Ultron is my long time favourite. First on the RD-1 and now on the M8.2. I have owned the 50/1.5 Nokton as well - very good, but the FOV (on RD-1) didn't suit me. I would like to have a fast 35mm and it will be interesting to see how the new 35/1.2 type II performs.

Tore

SUPERIOR, eh?

I found the 28mm Ultron SUPERIOR to the body cap, because I can't really afford Leica. I also think that the 50mm 1.5, and 21mm f4 are SUPERIOR lenses. Even more SUPERIOR are the Zeiss lenses I've borroewd.

All in all though I think almost anything available today is capable of taking nice pictures with a handheld 35mm camera. SUPERIOR doesn't mean much in a general sense. Most of all, I think the money in my wallet is SUPERIOR to any 'premium' lens that doesn't make me money (like a "pro" zoom does).

12mm M mount gets you up close and personal. Like the movie Taxi Driver "you talking to me?"
Yea, you and everything from 15" to infinity

Lee

The Nokton 50mm 1.1 is a terrific lens, especially for the price. I have compared it to the Leica 50mm Summilux ASPH and the 50mm Noctilux 1.0 and while not quite as good (as one might expect based on price differential), it acquits itself very well indeed.
Rich

CVM 35mm f/2.5 SKopar II is just great, easily the best value 35mm M mount lens out there.

Nokton 50mm f/1.5 is my take everywhere lens though, love the results using this on the M8 but just wish the 50mm framelines were larger. So used to the beautiful size of my M2/M6 0.85 framelines it's hard to get used to the tiny size in the M8's VF ..... maybe it's time I purchased one of those 1.25X magnifiers?

Back