Who can sync F36 to F body?

B-9

Devin Bro
Local time
6:42 AM
Looking for instructions, or if anything a repairer who can synchronize my old F to a F36 I recently acquired.

Being somewhat technically savvy, Ide love to try this myself, but I cant even find a F36 repair manual to start with.

Can anyone say how hard this is?
My camera was not originally a Motor driven unit, Ive already added the motor plate.

Starting to think it would have been cheaper to wait for a body/motor combo, but ide like to use my trusty old F, what should I expect to fork out for this synchronization?

Thanks!

It is difficult. There are small washers under the two screws which release and wind, and they must be absolutely right in order for the shutter to release and wind...

Are you referring to the two pins/screws (flat head slotted) screws on the F36 motor drive?

Trial and Error seems easy enough in theory, may be a bit of a bother, but I have plenty of time to get it right.

Is there any resources that outline this procedure?

Thanks! Im going to try a little diy, if anything ill splurge on the repair manual for 20$.

Seems pretty straight forward, adjust, check, adjust, check,

Glad to know where these adjustments need to take place, I half thought the camera would be the piece requiring adjustment, doh. Clearly needed a push in the right direction ;)

About 8 years ago I searched and searched for a shop that could do it with no luck. I sent my black Nikon F & F36 motor to Pete Smith (who sadly, has since passed) and he was not able to do it. I then just gave the F body to a friend who uses Nikon F's.

Marty Forscher (Pro Camerera Repair NYC) back in the day was the guy who set up more F-36 motors than anyone else but he's long gone.

Perhaps there is still someone in Japan who knows how to do it.

Good luck!

easy to do, buy a motor drive plate on ebay for your F. about $50-75-, put it on your f, then add a motor drive on the bottom, it is harder to drill the plate and add the rocker switch, to the existing plate, there are some of these available.

this one i on the high side, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-F-Mot...257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d938b9b1

finding good cables and a working motordive/battery pack might be harder,

but it is something you can do yourself,

synching a F motor drive

synching a F motor drive

If you have the motor plate, you're halfway there. The two pins that project from the motor hold a series of tiny shims that can be removed or added by taking off the end screw. You may need to add or subtract shims to bring the pins to the right height for your particular Nikon F. Try measuring the depth of the rocker on the plate before shimming. If you need more shims than come with the motor, you may have to somehow make more. Good luck. WES

its quite easy just as Wes said trial and error with the shims, I have three of them that I have adjusted in the past there has been a couple of times i've been unable to get them to work with certain bodies. Good fun but not the most reliable things!

Wow. This is the rosetta stone of the F36 motor drive. Now I want to buy the parts. But, is it possible that a page is missing? I can't find parts #56, #57, and #58 called out in paragraph (5).

Back