Who has a Leica M6 TTL Millenium

Sounds a bit cheap to me, Mani. If it didn't replicate the functionality of what I've already got, I'd buy it from you at that price. I've found during the last year that it pays to stick to your gut instinct about price and be patient when it comes to selling Leica gear. It's no longer like it was around 2011 when you could sell something within hours of posting something for sale. It now takes weeks or even months but buyers do eventually turn up.

Ian I'm trying to sell it before I change my mind. I've been wavering over it few the last few weeks, and finally made a decision, but after a couple days I'm already thinking about pulling it again. And then I'll probably need to pull the lens as well, which is under offer...

Ian I'm trying to sell it before I change my mind. I've been wavering over it few the last few weeks, and finally made a decision, but after a couple days I'm already thinking about pulling it again. And then I'll probably need to pull the lens as well, which is under offer...

Keep the camera. Sell the lens. Then buy a black paint 50mm Summilux :D

I'm in a bit of a strange situation.

About two weeks ago, I received the complete Millennium kit. Leica M6 TTL in black paint with serial matching 35mm Summicron ASPH and 50mm Summilux (pre-ASPH). All of it brand spanking new, I got it off a collector.

Now here's the thing: I haven't used it yet, as I suddenly wondered if this set really is what I want, as I personally like the feel of chrome better. But I dislike the shiny silver finish. Lo and behold, this week Leica releases two new lenses in black chrome. A finish I've been wishing for on lenses for years.

Which brings me to my current predicament. The Millennium set was a sort of holy grail for me, mostly because a black chrome set wasn't possible. Now that it is, I find myself acknowledging the fact that in a freak set of circumstances I managed to obtain my holy grail, but less than a month later I've decided to pass it on. This is beyond G.A.S., we're approaching insanity here.

...oh yeah. For now I guess you can add my kit number to the list: 1862.

I'm in a bit of a strange situation.

About two weeks ago, I received the complete Millennium kit. Leica M6 TTL in black paint with serial matching 35mm Summicron ASPH and 50mm Summilux (pre-ASPH). All of it brand spanking new, I got it off a collector.

Now here's the thing: I haven't used it yet, as I suddenly wondered if this set really is what I want, as I personally like the feel of chrome better. But I dislike the shiny silver finish. Lo and behold, this week Leica releases two new lenses in black chrome. A finish I've been wishing for on lenses for years.

Which brings me to my current predicament. The Millennium set was a sort of holy grail for me, mostly because a black chrome set wasn't possible. Now that it is, I find myself acknowledging the fact that in a freak set of circumstances I managed to obtain my holy grail, but less than a month later I've decided to pass it on. This is beyond G.A.S., we're approaching insanity here.

...oh yeah. For now I guess you can add my kit number to the list: 1862.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Yea that is my original thought that Silver chrome looks so much classic than all-black camera. (Thus my original Nikon FM)
But as time goes by and after a few trips with it, I feel like my M6 in black is more discrete and "cool" to look at. And it pairs well with a 35 Summaron. It all depends how you use it I guess.

And if you use it more, it will brass.

Btw, In case you don't have me on this list, mine is s/n 542

Is the 50 Summilux that's for sale at Peter Loy (serial 4011390) one of those sold originally with the Millennium? We discussed that camera earlier in the thread.

Please count me in…

23950126651_0b98391c55_b.jpg
[/url]Leica BP M6TTL by

I plan on using this camera every day, it is my new "main" camera.

cheers, michael

Hi guys,

I have just received my M6 Millenium (#1016) and I love it. I was looking for a mechanical camera to replace my M7, had briefly considered a MP but decided I really needed the modern shutter dial, with the rotation direction consistent with my M9.
The black paint looks beautiful. I intend to use #1016 as my everyday film camera on the long run, and watch it brass over the years. It will get a black dot too.

Best,
Thomas

Hi,
this M6 Millenium (#1016) has changed hands !
I recently bought it from Thomas aka tomele. It is already listed .

A nice addition to my M6 0.85 Millenium NSH 377 which may not fit on the list !

Cheers, JM.

Congratulations, Jean-Marc. Great to see you join the Millennium Club.
br
Philip

Hi,
this M6 Millenium (#1016) has changed hands !
I recently bought it from Thomas aka tomele. It is already listed .

A nice addition to my M6 0.85 Millenium NSH 377 which may not fit on the list !

Cheers, JM.

14125141_10153933503441801_497837510916357942_o.jpg

I've one of them! Purchased barely used back in March. Pity my favoured 35mm lux pre-asph does not come in black paint. Looking forward to our next 50 years (or more!) together. =D

Mine is # 1348. I had it converted to 0,58 finder when I got it a long time ago. It had a problem with draining batteries initially put "pushing" the contact point in the battery well down and covering it with some electrical tape fixed it. Good user camera - though I find that "mix and match" TTL's and conventional M's with the different rotation of the shutter speed dial is a bit of a hassle.

Welcome to the forum! I originally joined to list my Millennium. They're great cameras and you'll enjoy using it.

Mine is # 1348. I had it converted to 0,58 finder when I got it a long time ago. It had a problem with draining batteries initially put "pushing" the contact point in the battery well down and covering it with some electrical tape fixed it. Good user camera - though I find that "mix and match" TTL's and conventional M's with the different rotation of the shutter speed dial is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks Tom....yours was already early on the list :)

Back