Who in the hell is Bill Pierce anyway?

Bill Pierce

Well-known
Local time
8:18 AM
Bill Pierce is a working stiff who has used Leicas all his professional life. But he doesn't think a tool box should contain just one tool.

Bill

welcome!
welcome!!
welcome!!!

i have been reading your stuff since i started in this crazy hobby and look forward to your contributions here!!!!

this is very cool and a great day for rff.

joe

Thanks

Thanks

Joe -

Thanks. We'll see if I can be helpful. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the mechanics of the forum.

Bill

Welcome Bill !
I too have enjoyed your articles in POP Photo magazine throughout the past decades.
I also learnt a thing or two from them.

Randy -
You got me interested; so, I went back and read it. I think the digital world has changed things a little bit. I used to work with 2 M6's and an F or an EOS. I don't think anybody can afford two M8's.

Great to see your name here.

Great to see your name here.

I, too, have enjoyed your columns, and have spent a goodly amount of time ADDing myself over to DigitalJournalist when I should be doing other, less-enjoyable things.

Cheers,

-CJ

Bill Pierce said:
Bill Pierce is a working stiff who has used Leicas all his professional life. But he doesn't think a tool box should contain just one tool.

Bill

Bill Pierce said:
Randy -
You got me interested; so, I went back and read it. I think the digital world has changed things a little bit. I used to work with 2 M6's and an F or an EOS. I don't think anybody can afford two M8's.

No doubt. Nonetheless, it seems your point remains valid today.

-Randy

Here's one from the past, with a thank you attached: I have read (and periodically re-read) your article on the then-new CL from somewhere in the 1970/71/72 range in the old Leitz/Rockleigh Leica Photography.

You might get a smile from hearing that I finally bought one a couple of years ago (and really like the camera, for more or less the same reasons you wrote about originally). :D

Gosh, must be the guy who wrote about (among other things) sulfite and Rodinal in Camera 35, and wrote a number of chapters in the 15th Edition of the Leica Manual.

It is a pleasure to have you aboard.

KenD

Bill Pierce said:
.....I don't think anybody can afford two M8s.

Unless your name is Jorge ;) To be sure, if anyone else has an extra M8 that is hampering their spiritual battle against materialism, I will take that demon to battle for you....most cheerfully.

Mr. Pierce,

As a beginner, I found your articles on the Digital Journal and the Leica Manual very informative and helpful. I'm glad that you have joined this forum. Welcome.

An honor, Sir.

When I was a young, green newspaper shooter back in the '70's, I read Nuts & Bolts religiously, in the old Camera 35. Those were the days.

Welcome.

A welcome from me, too. I am another photographer (former pro, now just diddler ... for now) who enjoyed your writings over the years. I was especially sorry to see Camera 35 go.

Your latest column on bags had a lot of down-to-earth observations. One of the members here, Jan Normandale, uses ziploc bags instead of wraps for his gear stuffed in a bag. Works a charm, and I'm taking a page from his book.

Back