Why in my opinion you should have a Fuji and a Leica in your bag

Xax

Established
Local time
3:30 AM
Recently I've come across more and more gear discussion, and with the new M10 coming out, people have been describing it as the ultimative camera, the Leica everyone has been waiting for and so on.

That's when I set out to give a different perspective, a perspective where a Fuji is extremely good as an alternative, and how I use mine coming from a M6.

http://www.35mmc.com/04/03/2017/fuji-x-pro-stopped-worrying-buying-digital-leica/

PS: I've recently acquired an underpriced M9 though... so I've betrayed my own article, but maybe I should write another one about why I've went down that route and what my results and feelings are!

I've enjoyed reading your article, and as I've only recently started shooting B&W with an M6, after years of Canon digital (full frame and APS-c), it was a different perspective to my own. I'm finding the transition quite difficult.
I like the clarity of the viewfinder and the rangefinder, but is that one of my problems - trying to be too precise? I started with a double range 50 F/2 Summicron and have just added a 35mm F/1.4 Nokton. This seems to have its buttons etc. more closely sited to where my fingers expect them, but I've yet to complete my first film, so I've no idea whether its images will please me. Whatever, it's all good fun, and I'll be well satisfied when I'm as quick to respond as my Canon 1D IV.

@Xax - I didn't realize how close the Alexa Super 35 sensor was to an aps-c sensor. I thought a Super 35 sensor was a bit bigger than aps-c?

Back