Widelux F8 - body cover not matching?

I had an F7 and the covering is consistent with it if my memory is correct.

Before spending that kind of money on one I'd look at the Russian versions. I had the F7 and had a lot of trouble with banding. I bought it used and made some great images but it visited the shop several times. I also had one of the old all metal Russian Horizonts and never had a problem. I wound up selling it and bought a new 303 Perfection and it's been flawless for many years. I recently found a used 202 in nice shape for $25 and it too works perfect. Both produce very sharp, even exposed negs with absolutely no banding even in freezing weather.

I've done a lot of panoramic work for annual reports and golf courses. If you want a really superb precision instrument consider the Swiss Seitz Roundshot. I owned the 35/35 and was knocked out with the quality of the camera and stunning images out of it.

Thanks X-Ray. I wrote the seller but he has not responded. Looking at images of other F8s, the body covering is consistent. So this one has been partially recovered (and poorly seeing that it looks like it is peeling up on some of the corners), which goes against the Like New claim.
I do have a Horizon Perfekt on the way (auction win) so am looking forward to trying that out. For a tenth of the price! But I still am looking for the right Widelux...

p.s. thanks for the tip on the Seitz. But baby steps for me first.

Back