Wides with concave front elements

I'll take virtually free over shiny and cool every day.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the SSC version too. It's just a great lens--really sharp from wide open but also with terrific rendering. I got mine for a song, but they are going for a decent amount these days. Still very under appreciated.

Mine is the SSC version too. It's just a great lens--really sharp from wide open but also with terrific rendering. I got mine for a song, but they are going for a decent amount these days. Still very under appreciated.

Perhaps it's the curse of the Thorium yellow color cast that scares people away? A couple weeks under this lamp and the color is gone.
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20169658/
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's the curse of the Thorium yellow color cast that scares people away? A couple weeks under this lamp and the color is gone.....

Or let it stay the way it is. If you're a B&W shooter, the slight yellow cast can punch up the contrast, just like adding a yellow filter.

Jim B.

Ricoh GR 21mm F3.5 lens.

I was surprised to recently learn that this lens was released in April 1999 as the limited edition LTM lens before it was released as the lens in the Ricoh GR21 film camera in April 2001. As with all the other limited edition LTM lens of the late 1990s and early 2000s, I'd always assumed it was the other way around.

gr21_lens.gif

Thanks for remember to the C/V Ultron (LTM) 35/1.7. I used to have that lens too, but was not so happy with it. Accidently I digged the patent out, but didn't find a diagram in it.
Inventor was Koji Shiokawa (1999).
https://patents.google.com/patent/J...s&assignee=cosina&oq=Photographic+lens+cosina
Nowadays wide angle lenses with concave front elements are a lot more common.
Does anybody have diagrams of the, how discontinued C/V- lenses in bigger size than our bartender has on his website? Or are they any pdf catalogues showing the discontinued lenses. This soon becoming objects of optical history. I remember a Japanese stuff collection site of Kensetsu-san which had some drawings, but waybackmachine missed most of their terrific pictures.

Corff.de has a 1938 Voigtländer optics catalogue and taunusreiter.de disusses more recent lenses. You will find that the deckel and Compur shutters needed peculiar constructions : the lenger bessamatic optics were limited in f number and very limited in distance settings. Nothing concave though.
p.

Back