Will Cosina Voigtlander ever make Bessas again?

aizan

Mentor
Local time
2:48 PM
Now that the Film Renaissance is here, do you think Cosina will ever start making new Voigtlander Bessas again? In 135 and 120? Used prices are up, especially for the GF670, and R2A bodies are hard to come by. Or is all of the money in lenses, not cameras?

Now that the Film Renaissance is here, do you think Cosina will ever start making new Voigtlander Bessas again? In 135 and 120? Used prices are up, especially for the GF670, and R2A bodies are hard to come by. Or is all of the money in lenses, not cameras?

No, I think that's all done now.

I have an R and a Bessaflex TM and I think I'll be keeping them. No more when they finally give up, they can't be easily replaced.

I really hope they kept everything needed to produce them, but not very hopeful. Especially the R4 is unique and now very hard to come by.

I'm holding a candle for a hopeful return of the Epson R-D1 series (an R-D2 pretty please?) to match their lens lineup that they are continuing to product for Leica M mount, but as for film bodies, it's not likely to happen ever again.

If anyone is going to do it, it will probably be them.

I'm holding a candle for a hopeful return of the Epson R-D1 series (an R-D2 pretty please?) to match their lens lineup that they are continuing to product for Leica M mount, but as for film bodies, it's not likely to happen ever again.

Like Camelot. For One brief shining Moment ...

Bessas came then film was still strong and developed in drugstores at every corner. Bessa was cheap alternative during rangefinders renaissance.
Now those Bessa activists from the past are using FujNoFilm cameras. And not so many of newbies.

Masses in this film reinsurance don't really care what camera is this. Film camera in this rein-whatever is more like a statement to wear, not a tool to use. Yes, those are wearing them without use.

I would rather see Cosina make tiny tiny tiny MS-Optical style lenses but with useable controls as well as quality control.

Back