With sadness I bid goodbye to my RD-1

Manuel Patino

Established
Local time
12:37 AM
It had to happen, way too many cameras and lenses are not a good thing to have. Since I bought the M240 and started acquiring Leica lenses, I found myself picking up the RD-1 less and less. So I finally found a good home for it (I think). A fellow from an RD-1 group on FB saw my post about "possibly" needing to sell my RD-1 and inquired about it.

Long story short, I received a prompt paypal remittance and shipped the camera to marry old England. I have to admit, even though I rarely shot with it and I can use the $$ for other things, I do miss that beautiful camera. I love my Leica and it's of course, much better in most respects. But the form and ergonomics of the Epson are really quite superior in my mind.

If they made a new RD-(x) with the FF sensor, live view, etc., I'd be seriously looking at one.

I'd have a drink to toast for your camera... and for the guy you made happy in Ole, merry England. He must be thrilled.

Now, go out and take some photographs with your M240! :)

if it had live view it would lose its biggest plus imo which is its role as being the only digital rf with a 1:1 big bright gorgeous ovf. and many love the option to turn the lcd inward and avoid any digital view.

i actually kinda went the other way. i sold the 24mp super resolution rx1 when i started shooting with the rd1. i never had so much fun and i love the results, even comparatively.

anyway good luck with your 240.

A www...a sad day indeed.
Enjoy your 240 though.

I plan to buy a 240 next year but keep the R-D1x because I can't deal with being without a camera if the 240 has to go to the black-hole of Leica repair

Back