Would you buy a FULL FRAME Evil Camera?

A 24x36 mirrorless is not likely to happen.
Digital sensors need too much help with microlenses as the register distance gets shorter.
I just don't see the advantage for any of us RF fans wanting to use legacy glass.
The Nex or some other aps-c sensor camera will be as good as it gets regarding mirror-less/legacy use.

How excited would any of us get if canikon delivered a 24x36 sensor mirrorless camera that only could use proprietary lenses?
I'll speak for myself at least... Not very excited.
I think (yes an opinion) that is as close as they will get us.

I am still waiting for Leica to bring out the pocketable 8x10 digital daguerreotype collapsible view camera I posted them the plans for. I made an orgami model and all, so I can't understand what the delay is. I know we had the issue with the mercury cartridges breaking in the post, but hey it is a proto type.

So no, I won't be buying no low-res FF camera when I know what is around the corner.

Well, I agree it probably will not happen very soon. The high-end users are covered by M9 and most of the lower end users (no pun intended) by the m4/3 or NEX (or similar) cameras which have a very obvious size advantage. Then there is a small group of users that would love to have FF mirror-less, but are not able to afford the M9 (or would prefer a different concept)

There is no problem with wide lenses designed for digital sensors (there are very wide FF lenses for DSLRs), there is problem with classical rangefinder lenses. Question is - does it pay for producers to make a complicated sensor that allows to use these manual focus only lenses - when there is already a camera that does that?

It seems that most choose to produce a camera and lenses with sensors smaller than FF not only to keep the price down, but also to keep the size down. Look at the zoom lenses for NEX cameras. Do you find them small? Imagine the size of the lens for FF NEX camera - the lens would be even bigger. Once you loose to size advantage relative to compact APS-C cameras you loose many potential customers. Most people simply do not camera about the difference between APS-C and FF.

Would I buy FF mirror-less camera? This would depend not only on the price and sinze, but also on the implementation. Right now Ricoh GXR is closest to what it could look like - modular camera with removable sensor unit (think of the M-mount unit that is coming soon).

I am wondering how complicated it would be to make a rangefinder-like focusing while using as the main image the image from camera sensor and the second one from a small sensor built-in the body - and the simply combining them in the viewfinder. What about that? That would allow with the same EVF manual rangefinder-like and automatic focusing.

No

because no doubt the size of the lenses also would increase.

Asking for a full frame EVIL camera is like asking for a medium format sized 35mm digital. What features that attracted a certain market would also change. That would be risking the loss of that market and a product with no clearly defined target market. A difficult sell.... probably ending up too expensive for the current market or not convincing enoigh to compete with the likes of DSLR makers as in Canon or Nikon

Correct me if I'm wrong. Very wide angle rectilinear lenses for m4/3 as well as smaller compact are capable of their wide fov only after software correction. This is my point from before. A FF mirrorless would require one to use lenses designed for it. Ltm and M mount lenses over a certain FL would not be useful. Kodak and Leica had to do some major work on the M9 sensor to use standard rf lenses (which contributes to it's cost we collectively complain about ). Who thinks Canikon or Sony for that matter would invest r&d $$ so that we can use our Leica Super Angulons 21mm and Canon topogon clone 25mm from another era? (dammit if I'm not king of run on sentence ;) )

Unfortunately last rumors I read said it will be a X2.5 crop factor sensor!
The system should be named “Nikon Coolpix PRO

We should have news soon (April the 4th)

Nikon is rumored to be making one. :p There's a lot of things Nikon is rumored to be doing. I'm waiting for Nikon to make a camera that can also replace my wife

I wouldn't like to carry around a 2-2.8/28-90 lens that covers a µ4/3 sensor all the time.
I love my Leica Digilux 2, though. (If it only had a better viewfinder!)
Excuse me but I don't understand what you are speaking about.
I've got no zoom(s), never used them, I use only fast and sharp primes on my M43 camera, specially :
- Panasonic 20mm f1.7
- Cosmicar TV 25mm f1.4
-SOM Berthiot 50mm f2
That's why I'm just waiting now for a 11mm, because I love wides.

Excuse me but I don't understand what you are speaking about.
I've got no zoom(s), never used them, I use only fast and sharp primes on my M43 camera, specially :
- Panasonic 20mm f1.7
- Cosmicar TV 25mm f1.4
-SOM Berthiot 50mm f2
That's why I'm just waiting now for a 11mm, because I love wides.

"Actually, something like a panasonic LC1 with a very good M43 sensor and a tiltable screen."
Your words...

That's what I was talking about. The LC1 has a 2-2.8/28-90 lens, but on a 2/3" sensor. And such a lens for a µ4/3 sensor would be considerably larger and heavier...

Back