wow wee! Here it is then! A yashica forum!

emaquiling

Local time
3:21 AM
Wow! A Yashica forum! Yeah!

Well, while trying to fix my shutter problem. I took the top and bottom off. I lost my red battery check light...must be in the carpet somewhere. Also, I"m not really sure if the exposures are right.

Just won a beater one for $6.50 and I'll salvage parts off it. ..then I think, it'll go to Hama.

Last edited:
Yashica 35CC, a smaller version of the Electro with a 35mm/1.8 lens, here is a pic taken with it and one of it!

Todd

Todd.Hanz said:
Yashica 35CC, a smaller version of the Electro with a 35mm/1.8 lens, here is a pic taken with it and one of it!

Todd

and RARE too!

My GSN appears new and works perfectly. All it needed was a battery from yashica_guy. It came with the original neck strap, case (top detachable so you can leave the bottom on for camera body protection) and lens cap. The 45/1.7 Color Yashinon DX is a dream.

I particlarly like the quiet shutter release sound. Now if I could just shrink the camera so it would be the same size as my new Bessa R...

Well, in fact it has a somewhat wider 40mm /1.7 lens, but it's the same 6-in-4 construction and afaik it's the same optical quality too.

emaquiling said:
Wow! A Yashica forum! Yeah!

Perhaps we could celebrate the new Yashica forum with a World Wide Yashica Day. We pick a day and a time, ( like Satuday, March 12th at Noon, for example), we'd get everyone we know who has a Yashica to take a photo at the same time and post them here. Imagine hundreds of Yashicas quietly clicking around the world...

CleverName said:
Perhaps we could celebrate the new Yashica forum with a World Wide Yashica Day. We pick a day and a time, ( like Satuday, March 12th at Noon, for example), we'd get everyone we know who has a Yashica to take a photo at the same time and post them here. Imagine hundreds of Yashicas quietly clicking around the world...

Count me in. Is March 12th a solid date or are we going to wait for more votes. How do we get other's into it.

I think it would be an excellent excersise for me.

I just threw out the 12th as an example. I think we should wait to hear from others. A saturday would probaly be best. I picked noon so everyone would have a chance at good light, but it might be better to do one standard time. like 12:00GMT or something.

I just sold all my Minolta Maxxum stuff on ebay. However, overlooked because I thought I'd lost it, was the Minolta Maxxum 2800AF flash, which I found this morning.

Just for a lark, I stuck it on the GSN, set the front ring to flash, and bingo, it works fine.

I think in the manual it says setting it that way defaults to 1/30 of a second. Does that sound right? Isn't that a bit slow for flash?

tedwhite said:
I think in the manual it says setting it that way defaults to 1/30 of a second. Does that sound right? Isn't that a bit slow for flash?

Yes, the manual says 1/30th for flash, which is a bit slow. I would think that the flash would work at all speeds though, since it is a leaf shutter.

I almost never use a flash, so I don't know for certain.

That's my problem too: I almost never use a flash. However, there does arise that situation where you must photograph something commercial or technical or industrial for a client and the client ain't interested in art. He/she wants whatever it is illuminated in excruciating detail.

But then, in such situations, the client usually wants it right now, so I use a digital, flash away, load it all on a disk and hand it to the client. And I don't think of myself as doing photography when I do this, rather I think of the process as "hand-held computerized digital imaging."

Ted

12GMT is 7am here, and the sun's not even up yet. Waking up at 7am on a Saturday........naahhh. How about 10am PST, which is 1pm EST and 6pm GMT?

Back