wrist strap, which side do you attach to?

ymc226

Well-known
Local time
2:46 AM
I find the side next to the film rewind knob is more "natural" to me, carrying with my left hand but I see on Gordy's site, the other side is how they attach it to.

If there is a grip attached, I guess the Gordy way would be best.

inside? :-D
I go for the tripod mount so it's on the right, but out of the way when operating.

Mine are always on left side. I am right-handed.

My Bessa (R2A, R4A), M6, M7, Hexar and GA645 all have

their straps on the left side !!!!!

I just take a wrap of a soft nylon (Nikon) neck strap around my right wrist. I've never had it fall off even when I let go of the camera. I'm just careful not to point my hand and arm straight down. The camera just hangs there while I'm using the one hanging around my neck or off my shoulder.

The strap is attached to both ends of the camera.

Right side, and I carry the camera in my right hand.

I would not be averse to cameras being built with collapsible handles of some sort.

Gordy wrist-strap with tripod mount works best for me, allows me to use a M7 + a lens up to Noctilux-size and weight without any hassle and problems.

Gordy wrist-strap (long version):

115207249.jpg

Best answer: attach to either side or the tripod hole and see which you like. Maybe none!
Or more than one feels good to you. Just try each setting for a few days and then change.

Most simply said: to judge the quality of a wine, you need to drink the wine yourself, good sir!

Asking seems so ... Sorry.

Gordy wrist-strap (long version):

Thank you. Just what I'm looking for. I notice that the end mount threads on my IIIC are not standard...significantly larger than a normal tripod thread on other cameras. Can someone give me a heads up on that.

Cheers...

Rem

Camera bag on my left shoulder...camera either hanging off my right or in my right hand or strap wrapped on my right arm...

Why not just attach to whichever side YOU are happiest with?....does it matter about anyone else? :rolleyes:

As a fellow Yorkshireman, some three generations removed, I can totally relate to your dry wit and commonsense approach to the question posed in this thread. But this being a discussion forum... what else would get discussed if it weren't for this kind of question?

p.s. I double-tie my shoe laces. Anyone else do that? :D

It never occurred to me that anyone would use anything other than the tripod socket. You live and learn!

Cheers,

R.

It never occured to me that you could possibly attach it at the tripod socket. How does one go about doing this?

I've always used a piece of cord tied through a split ring attached to the right strap lug, but have been thinking about trying out a neck strap or more sturdy wrist strap.

Back