X-E2 vs X-E3 (vs Sony)

OP asked about the split view finder, for manual focus with my M mount lenses I find it worthless. I tried it several times and for some reason it just doesn't get it done for me. The focus peaking is better but not by a great deal. I stick to the Fuji lenses and use the AF.

I use both the X-E3 and X-Pro2... and in regards to these improvements, they appear to be the same to me.

Yes, they would be the same.

I was referring to the X-E3 compared to the X-E2. I assumed my X-Pro 2 was essentially identical to the X-E3 while the X-E2 would be similar to the X-T1 I used (XTrans III v s XTrans II).

Yes, they would be the same.

I was referring to the X-E3 compared to the X-E2. I assumed my X-Pro 2 was essentially identical to the X-E3 while the X-E2 would be similar to the X-T1 I used (XTrans III v s XTrans II).

Yes, I agree...

OP asked about the split view finder, for manual focus with my M mount lenses I find it worthless. I tried it several times and for some reason it just doesn't get it done for me. The focus peaking is better but not by a great deal. I stick to the Fuji lenses and use the AF.

I hadn't actually been interested in that—but I agree, it isn't really useful to me. I do like focus peaking, though.

I hadn't actually been interested in that—but I agree, it isn't really useful to me. I do like focus peaking, though.

With the X-Pro 2 I mostly use the OVF and MF. The Electronic Range Finder (FUJIFILM's terminology) with focus peaking is a useful focusing aid in MF mode (lens collar or back-button AF). The focus peaking window displays a small region corresponding to the actual focus region. Now the peaking is region specific. With just a quick glance I can see if the region is where I want it to be and if it is in focus.

I suspect this would be equally useful in EVF mode. But I don't use MF with the EVF, so I can't comment.

I had never tried the split image focusing with the fuji lenses, it works much better so there obviously needs to be some input from the lens.

But if I'm gonna get a camera styled like the Ts, I'll get the Sony and the full frame sensor! I'm still considering this.

I had a A7 then X-T1 then X-e2. Going back to get a A7ii now. I would get an X-e2 over an X-e3 just because of the price. Get an extra lens.

Unfortunately my reason for getting the A7ii next is because of adapting lenses and because looking back over lightroom I have a lot more 5 stars with the sony than anything else.

If you have a few quid then get a A7r/s/ii etc and good sony glass. If you want an ovf and fuji colours and x-t1/2, smaller fuji colours then x-e2. Luckily for you all your options are going to take great pictures so it's more a question of price and size.

I had a A7 then X-T1 then X-e2. Going back to get a A7ii now. I would get an X-e2 over an X-e3 just because of the price. Get an extra lens.

Unfortunately my reason for getting the A7ii next is because of adapting lenses and because looking back over lightroom I have a lot more 5 stars with the sony than anything else.

If you have a few quid then get a A7r/s/ii etc and good sony glass. If you want an ovf and fuji colours and x-t1/2, smaller fuji colours then x-e2. Luckily for you all your options are going to take great pictures so it's more a question of price and size.

I actually did buy an A7ii...it was back down to $1100 on Amazon. The combination of full frame, IBIS, and a full metal body clinched it. Should have it tomorrow...IBIS was the clincher, really, as I like shooting in near darkness at music events, and like adapted lenses.

I did for a while...I went through a lot of cameras in a short time a few years ago.

What I really wish for is a full frame sensor like Sony's, in a compact, RF-style body like Fuji's, with a screen that can be swiveled and stowed entirely out of sight, like the Pen F's. This camera definitely does not exist! Unless you wanna count the M60, LOL.

Precisely what I'd like... but at Fuji prices, not Leica's.

I actually did buy an A7ii...it was back down to $1100 on Amazon. The combination of full frame, IBIS, and a full metal body clinched it. Should have it tomorrow...IBIS was the clincher, really, as I like shooting in near darkness at music events, and like adapted lenses.

Awesome, my favourite was an old canon fd 50mm 1.4 chrome nose. Lovely glow from that. Tried it on my x-t1 with a normal and focal reducing adapter and the look just wasn't the same.

Awesome, my favourite was an old canon fd 50mm 1.4 chrome nose. Lovely glow from that. Tried it on my x-t1 with a normal and focal reducing adapter and the look just wasn't the same.

I'm mostly eager to try out the 7artisans 50/1.1 on digital, but yeah, I'm thinking I'll get a little collection of FD primes! Haven't shot old Canon SLR lenses in a long time, and they're really affordable. I'd like to try out the 100/2 in particular.

Back