x pro 1 frame numbers

Johnhw

Established
Local time
7:32 AM
I don't know if this issue has been coming up but I thought it might be helpful to clarify about frame numbers when you get a x pro1.

I will try to briefly explain what happened to me. I got my camera on Saturday and was so excited I started shooting. I shot some photos and downloaded them into Photoshop by placing my SD card in my computer. I originally formatted the card when first used in the camera, it was not a new card, and also reformatted after I placed it back in the camera. When i first got my camera I had placed in the setup menu "continuous" for frame number. So I look at the camera on Sunday and it shows over 4200 plus images...I figured I had taken maybe 200.

I can tell you that my camera was packaged brand new, everything appeared sealed correctly, etc. When thinking about it I figured somehow it was reading an old number off the card because I have over 4000 images in photoshop. I contacted my dealer because they do not do camera returns and I know the person I used at the store got me a new one from the back. They own part of the distributorship so I figured something must be going on the way the x pro was recording frame numbers.

I sent a message to Fuji support and they called me..we just got off the phone. Several people had called today because of this.
My file folder said 104-4200 plus. Here is what you do to make sure you get the folder at 100-0001.

If you use a BRAND NEW card, format it in camera and you should not have issues.
If you use a USED CARD, the best thing to do is in setup place the camera on renew, and then format the card in camera and it should reset.

Apparently somehow if you have a used card and you place the camera on continuous in frame number setup to start it looks for the last image number and will start there, even if you reformat it.

Also, when we reset without reformatting it went back to 4000 so I know this was my initial subset somehow.

Anyway, in case you have weird numbers don't freak out, those of you who get cameras from places that allow a 30 day window will have to look for other signs the cameras have been used, but if you start your images with a 1000, 2000, 4000 or some weird number this is probably what is happening. they use a card over and over at Fuji checking the cameras. i don;t have all the technical explanations but after seeing my camera reset to 4000 have no doubt that is where it started.

Hope this info. helps someone.

I don't even think the tech knows exactly what's happening. My camera reset to a folder of 104-4000 each time until we changed to "renew" in camera and then reformatted the card. I just know some people are getting varying folder and frame numbers and it may help put them at ease since best I can tell, Opanda can;t give you a true shutter actuation count on Fuji.

Does sound a bit strange, but as the DCF standard recommends: If a DCF file name already exists in the DCF directory where a file is to be stored, it
is recommended that the file number be assigned as the largest existing number +
1. (same goes for folder number).
Sounds a bit of a bug in that Fuji determine this number when the card is inserted, but then doesn't reset if a format is done.

Maybe it is strictly then on their end as they test the cameras and was just coincidence that my photoshop number was about the same. My camera came as folder 104-4000 in case anyone else has the same one. I know some 102-2000's have been out and 101-1000's.

Just wanted people to be aware of it.

I think I met similar problem. So far my camera only have taken less than 1000 pictures, but the latest file name is DSCF79XX now. It has also created multiple folders on my SD cards, on the card I'm checking now there is a 107_FUJI under DCIM.

I have used multiple cards, one of them is brand new but others are just re-use.

P.S. Just found the first image taken with this camera was named DSCF7001.JPG. That was with an old card.

xz,

If you can't get it reset to 101-0001 let me know. Fugi tech can walk you through it or try what I said above. If you can't get it let me know.

Back