X-Pro1 connected to Mac OS X via USB

Macmook

Tenebrous
Local time
7:11 PM
Good day,

A newbie X-Pro1 owner here with a USB question.

99 times out of 100 I will remove the SD card from the XP1 and read it in my card reader. But just for jollies I plugged the XP1 into a native USB port on my iMac. The USB panel appeared on the back of the XP1, but no external drive shows in OS X.

Unplugging the USB cable doesn't produce a warning of disk removal.

It doesn't appear to have mounted in OS X.

This is not urgent, I doubt I will need the USB connection any time soon.

Any ideas?

P.S. plugging the USB cable into the USB photo adapter on my iPad does show the JPG files on the XP1

Just a guess here as I've never done this (although I do run Mac) but could it be that, perhaps, an update to Aperture/iPhoto/Mac OS X is required before the camera is recognized by OS X?

Cheers,
Dave

Possibly, but typically the device connected via USB shows up in OS X as a generic external disk drive.

Not true for most of serious and semi-serious cameras. Open 'Image Capture' application and see if you camera is detected.

BRBO - you're exactly right. I got used to disk images and forgot all about image capture except to change behavior on connection. Thanks!

iPhoto saw 4 images (2 JPG and 2 RAF). It showed them in preview but on import couldn't read the RAF files.

Aperture also imported the JPGs but didn't even warn on the RAF files. Just didn't import them.

Using the card reader, Aperture import RAW + JPEG just fine. I set the master to be JPEG because it doesn't recognize the RAF. But they are there and as soon as there is support I can switch back.

This is probably your best bet anyhow.

Back