X Pro1 new FIRMWARE

I just exchanged my NEX-7 + Zeiss 24/1.8 for a X-Pro 1 and 35/1.4, I didn't even turn it on before flashing the new firmware, and I was using a Mac 27".

Needless to say, the performance of the camera is astounding to me, the focus seems great actually.

Not entirely sure how it could go wrong if you're just copying DAT files over to the card.

clicker said:
Anyone else attempting to upgrade Xpro firmware using a mac and having difficulty-:mad: error message stating new firmware not on card after installed?

First of all. Did you format the SD card before you tried to add the firmware to it? You have to have a clean formatted SD card so any old spare cards will do. Then download the software and drag it to the desktop, then drag onto the card. I had no problems at all on my MacBook Pro with any of the firmware updates, the only problem was finding out how to do it but after I clicked the download link, the instructions were revealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Anyone else attempting to upgrade Xpro firmware using a mac and having difficulty-:mad: error message stating new firmware not on card after installed?

Yes, the downloaded files were each assigned an extra '.DAT' suffix, e.g.

FPUPDATE.DAT.DAT

Once I manually renamed each one and added these to the SD card, all was well.

Dave, I can't believe you made the leap. This after swearing the NEX-7 was a keeper (less than a week ago)...

:D

I just exchanged my NEX-7 + Zeiss 24/1.8 for a X-Pro 1 and 35/1.4, I didn't even turn it on before flashing the new firmware, and I was using a Mac 27".

Needless to say, the performance of the camera is astounding to me, the focus seems great actually.

Not entirely sure how it could go wrong if you're just copying DAT files over to the card.

Thanks everyone for solving my download problem. The issue was I needed to remove the extra number (1) on the file name before it would load.

My camera and two lenses (18 and 35) updated without a hitch. At first I failed to notice that there were three separate updates required but the camera told me that I needed to update the lens too.

Just sure you format the SD card in the camera and copy the single .DAT file to it. I did this three times in total.

It's all easy as pie.

I'm loving this camera. My M9 has not left the shelf in two weeks. I really can see life without a Leica now... I can just "see it", that doesn't mean I'm ready to live it just yet.

Back