X-Pro1 weird - swapped wrist strap for full case

dee

Well-known
Local time
12:48 AM
Swapped a wrist strap for a neck strap and full Fuji case , with 27mm now being dedicated to the X-Pro1. It was getting scratched in my shoulder bag , but I also love that cool case .
But my perception , has altered from large DSLR alternative compact to , I,m not sure - all round camera ?
It's probably been further displaced by the substitution of a DSLR for the new Fuji X-T1 .
I know that I am hyper sensitive to a response to change , but this was unexpected .
Silly question - as ever - kneck strap or wrist strap - alters your response to a camera ?
respect
dee

Silly question - as ever - kneck strap or wrist strap - alters your response to a camera ?
respect
dee

Sometimes a small change is all that's needed to go over a "tipping point" in usage.

With cameras that I've yet to put any strap on, typically I'll put the entire camera in a multi-compartment case (a rectangular semi regid case that can hold the body and two lenses). With that configuration I'm mostly walking around with the case (it has a wide strap) and just take the camera out when I'm going to make a photo. This is somewhat inconvenient.

To me, wrist straps are almost like no strap at all, so I don't like them.

With a regular neck strap I'm more inclined to walk around with just the camera (even if I'm still carrying it in my hand) and therefore it increases my photo opportunities.

I just happened to take my Fuji XPro 2 to lunch with 27 and snapped a couple. It is a really versatile lens, and sharp...too sharp when I looked at close in image that my friend took of me! I agree that "sometimes a small change is all that is needed" to mix it up by going from wrist strap to neck strap.

For me the small change is going back to my 35mm Summicron on the camera. As great as the 35mm f 1.4 was, I never bonded with the physical lens itself. It's ironic to me that when I handled the new Leica CL with the 35mm Summicron, it coupled with the adapter seemed out of balance to me where it feels great on the X Pro 2. So hopefully I will use this combination more.

David

Back