Xpan lenses

M

Magnas

I don't have the £1300 for a 30mm at the moment (or in the near future actually) but I do have the 90mm. This lens doesn't need the centre filter and provides an attractive alternative view to the 45mm. Anyone else use one?

My post was really to ask what are the lowest prices people have seen the 30mm lens being sold for, but while I'm on the subject, I read a thread somwhere that mentioned a longer focal length lens that was in development. Anyone else heard of this?

I have not heard of the longer lens in devlopment. The 30 is an awsome lens with incredible sharpness. I just bought a used one like new for 1900.00 if you shop around you can get the fuji version which is the same lens for about 1500.00 I had one brand new that I paid 1600.00 for but like a fool sold it a while ago. The only difference is the color of the lens. chrome vs black. imo its much nicer looking.

I will have to try the 90 sometime. I need to get over my initial expense first before buying another.

Re: Xpan lenses

Magnas said:
I don't have the £1300 for a 30mm at the moment (or in the near future actually) but I do have the 90mm. This lens doesn't need the centre filter and provides an attractive alternative view to the 45mm. Anyone else use one?

My post was really to ask what are the lowest prices people have seen the 30mm lens being sold for, but while I'm on the subject, I read a thread somwhere that mentioned a longer focal length lens that was in development. Anyone else heard of this?

Would you by chance have any portraits you would be willing to share from an xpan 90mm? Having a hard time finding any.

Btw, what do you use to scan xpan film normally?

Thanks!

I'll have to dig around a bit to find them. I'm a long way from organised.

Funnily enough I went down into Sussex yesterday convinced that I would get some great pictures of Paul McCartney's windmill (he has a recording studio inside) with my 90mm. Unfortunately the front is obscured by trees and the rear is covered in scaffolding. Best laid plans, etc.

I have a Canon FS4000US that I use to scan my Xpan film. It only scans 35mm negs so I have to scan in 2 or 3 pieces and then stitch them together. I have just bought a Bronica 6x6 off eBay so will have to think about upgrading.

I use a Minolta scan multi pro. Its an incredible scanner! It will scan up to a 6 x 9 negative and it comes with glass carriers.

Apologies for the delay. I hope to have something up next week.

I put two or three 90mm pics into the Xpan gallery last week but they aren't as good as I thought. Rose-tinted glasses I think. I don't have any actual (people) portraits like I thought aswell. Velvia wouldn't really be great for that I suppose.

This does at least show that I have some holes in what I thought I had and so gives me the excuse to plug it soon.

Back