Xpan newbie and a few Q's

Tom_W

Local time
3:50 PM
Hi

I am an new(ish) Xpan user.

I had one of the original beauties some 4 years ago, however I sold it within the year to finance the Digital SLR grail ( I am a wildlife photographer :bang: ).

Now the digital stuff is self financing I decided to buy an Xpan again for a take around ( I also mountain climb and the digital stuff isn't made for this), hence yesterder I became a new owner of a secondhand (but mint) Xpan II and the 90mm and 45 mm lenses.

The trouble is I have no manual.

Now whilst the camera doesn't take a genius to figure out its controls, I have to admit I am stumped as to

Q1 how you set the film leader to stay out after rewind and

Q2 also I have been told there is a way to tell how many films the Xpan has shot.

Hope to be around a long time and am really looking forward to using one of these again but if anybody has an ENGLISH manual in PDF or scan, I would really appeciate it.

Otherwise an answer to the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

T

Last edited:
Q1: Switch camera from Off to S while pressing the MODE button. With the UP/DOWN button select your option. Accept choice by lightly pressing the shutter.

Q2: Switch the camera from Off to S while pressing the MODE button and either the UP or DOWN button. The count shows the releases in units of 10 (display 100 means 1000 releases). Switch back to normal mode by lightly pressing the shutter.

Regards

schaubild said:
Q1: Switch camera from Off to S while pressing the MODE button. With the UP/DOWN button select your option. Accept choice by lightly pressing the shutter.

Q2: Switch the camera from Off to S while pressing the MODE button and either the UP or DOWN button. The count shows the releases in units of 10 (display 100 means 1000 releases). Switch back to normal mode by lightly pressing the shutter.

Regards

Thankyou very much

Q1 now set and Q2 says 45, which I take to mean 450 shutter realses or about 20 films max....

again many thanks

T

I can't seem to get the film count feature to work with the TX-2, and I doubt there's an English manual for that. Anyone knows how?

Back