xpan not responding

paapoopa

Established
Local time
6:55 AM
Hi, will like to check if anyone has encounter similar issue with the xpan or the fuji TX-1?
recently brought my TX-1 to a holiday and half way through the trip
when i switch on the camera, there is a blinking "E" at the top.
and the camera is not responding to everything, even when i try to push the little rewind button at the back to force it to rewind.
I have also swap a new set of batteries and its not working either.

hoping that someone will be able to help here.
many thanks

16017483068_c87430ce5a_b.jpg

this happened to me once after loading a new roll... turns out that i didnt load the film properly and the camera thought it was empty. i just opened the back and reloaded and it worked again.

issue resolved,

issue resolved,

issue resolved,
i open up the back. the roll is halfway through and stuck there, i have to cut away he film and took the rest of the roll out from the camera.
i load another roll and everything seems to be working out as how it should be.
not sure how or why that is happening still though, probably just an old film canister or bad loading. i guess.
well, still glad that i don't have to send it to a technician to get it fix.

I find with Xpan cameras, you have to make sure the film canister doesn't roll back on itself when you close the back. I hold the leader down and make sure the felt trap is facing the gate properly, THEN I close the door making sure it doesn't shift. Is the film factory loaded or bulk or reusing old ones by taping to film sticking out the canister ?

this happened to me once after loading a new roll... turns out that i didnt load the film properly and the camera thought it was empty. i just opened the back and reloaded and it worked again.

I have also had this experience. I didn't have the leader pulled out quite far enough. I was just off by maybe 1/16", but that was enough to cause the problem.

Back