Xpro1 Diopter Question

wjlapier

Well-known
Local time
4:29 PM
I purchased a used Xpro1 and need a diopter but I have a question about the strength I need. If I'm using +3 reading glasses and I look through the viewfinder the info in there is clear. So, do I need a +3 diopter?

I see Cameraquest has some but are there anywhere else to find these maybe the original Fuji ones?

I hope this helps:

"Again, a setting of -1 is almost always adequate for people of normal vision (don’t ask me how).

If you require a correction past the range of -3 to +1 for your camera that features an adjustable diopter, in some cases, you can combine a maxed-out setting on your camera with an additional external correction piece for a greater change from the standard setting (i.e. going all the way to -3 on the D5’s diopter setting and then adding a -3 correction piece could get you to an end result of -5; remember, the -3 correction piece is only a -2 change from the camera’s built-in -1 value). But this supposedly only be done on some cameras (check your manual for more information)."

nikon-diopter-settings-correction-recommendations.jpg

"This chart matches your prescription level with the correct Nikon correction lens to get for your camera body. Do note that in many cases, your camera may have a built-in diopter that can and should be used to set the correct value for your needs."

Source:

https://fstoppers.com/originals/han...tten-and-highly-underrated-accessories-135949

Back