Yashica Electro 35 GSN

JoeLopez

Well-known
Local time
10:33 AM
I'm new to the site and am from Detroit, Michigan. I have already found some great information by browsing the forum. My first rangefinder is the Electro 35 GSN I picked up via ebay in March 2015.

It's been a great camera and is powered using the battery adapter from YashicaGuy. It's a pleasure to shoot.

It included the black Yashica carry case and lens cap. I've since added a Tele-wide finder (mostly for the classic look), Yashica Yashica Electro 35 GSN with CS-220 auto flash and a vintage 2" wide camera strap that looks just like the one Peter Parker had in the Spiderman movies (couldn't resist).

First roll I ran through it was Tmax 400

Yashica Electro 35 GSN / April 2015 by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Yashica Electro 35 GSN 35mm rangefinder camera by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

^ Got yourself a great rangefinder , the size fit my hands quite well too , much smaller and there's no place for my fingers . Peter

It's a great first rangefinder for lots of folks, Joel. Turned out to be my second one, but I like it anyways. It was one of three cameras I kept when I had to have a big sell off ten years ago.

PF

How many millions of keepsake images have come from this model over the years. It's a great camera.
Enjoy and welcome to the forum Joe:)

Have one too, with Yashicaguy adapter.
People have said it's 'heavy', but that doesn't bother me so much.

Mine sounds like a geiger counter when the light meter circuits are engaged. ;)

Have one too, with Yashicaguy adapter.
People have said it's 'heavy', but that doesn't bother me so much.

Mine sounds like a geiger counter when the light meter circuits are engaged. ;)

Time to give the aperture ring a good workout, Rick. About fifty quick cycles should clean up that meter circuit.

PF

Joe, congrats on your GSN. Looks like a beauty!

GSN is a great camera. At this age, they all will have needed work.

I think it's a great $100 camera. I gave up on trying to find a $20 bargain.

Joe, congrats on your GSN. Looks like a beauty!

GSN is a great camera. At this age, they all will have needed work.

I think it's a great $100 camera. I gave up on trying to find a $20 bargain.

That seems to be the online consensus. When I began searching for a sub-$100 rangefinder, the Electro 35 was a consistent contender. I ended up paying $45 shipped at the time.

Also makes great low light time AE exposures. I believe they can AE up to 30 seconds. I have one with and love it.

Always loved my GSN too. The lens is great and the only complain I might have is the lack of any shutter speed indication. Apart from that, it is a camera that really delivers for a bargain price.

Paris, Parc Monceau

Do you recognize this problem?

Do you recognize this problem?

Need some help!
My ASA dial won't turn also the Auto ring won't turn.

Also makes great low light time AE exposures. I believe they can AE up to 30 seconds. I have one with and love it.

Plus if you turn the exposure ring to flash mode it locks the shutter at 1/30s which works perfect for low light and night work.

422eb736f0ffa28d74e294e205827ba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one know how to calibrate the parallax of the view finder which is off

thanks,

if I use zone focus it works ok, issue is when want to take portrait

Make sure the hair spring on the rangefinder frame mask is inserted in the hook at the top of the mask. It is easily disconnected when the rangefinder is being cleaned or adjusted. The spring in this photo is disconnected:

Yashica Electro 35 GSN rangefinder adjustment by Noel Parsons, on Flickr

Back