Yashica Electro 35 - Misaligned RF after disassembly

LeReilly

Local time
2:43 AM
Hi guys,

I have an Electro 35 GS that had battery issues. It was the white battery wire that got loose, just had to solder it back in place, and now it's working again.

But when I removed then reattached the rangefinder part, something went wrong.
The patch/diamond is now misaligned.

Symptom:

- Diamond says infinity is between 1 or 3 meters (depending on if I turn the horizontal infinity screw inside the VF) and then splits again when I turn the lense all the way to infinity.

Can the starting position be wrong?
Is there another screw that controls infinity focusing? Or another screw somewhere that might help?

Thanks! :)

Okay, I found out what I did wrong: I screwed too hard. I just needed to unscrew one of them a little tiny bit and now I don't feel any resistance anymore when the arm moves!
Same thing with focusing to infinity: position of the RF when I screw changes everything.

I was trying to adjust the screw and be done with it when the movable rangefinder lense fell off from it's support frame...

Everytime I figure something out I break something else. And this time I don't think I can recover this.

^I feel your pain . My Kowa Super 6 took me a mere 123 hrs to return to usable status . Encouragement from Ross Yerkes kept me going . Pretty much
everything is repairable ( with patience , an over used word I know ) Peter

Thanks! It's just, this time the fallen piece is so tiny, and the frame so fragile. I really don't know how to fix it.

Maybe somebody knows.

But in the meantime I'll try to find a for parts one and try to lift the viewfinder and frankenstein my way out of here. ^^

When you remove the rangefinder, it is easier to put back on if you focus the lens outward, like you are shooting at something closeup. If you put the tip of a screwdriver above the infinity adjusting screw, it looks like a plus +, and pull it rearward a little bit, it will fall behind the focusing cam to the rear of the lens. I have extra parts if you need any, let me know.

Back