Yashica forum?

emaquiling

Local time
9:16 PM
I was excited to hear that rangefinderforum.com might have a dedicated Yashica forum. Is it happening? How does it get done?

I lost my red battery light button the other day when I was doing reseach on my shutter button and "pad". I won a nice cheapo one for $6.50. I figure, I'll use it for spares. I think I will send it to Hama just cause I have no idea what I'm doing when I unscrew the darn thing :)

Guess it'll last a long time. Hama emailed me and the cost is $80 for a CLA. That GSN should last me another 20 years.

As a Pentax user, I always regarded Yashica as a lower-quality copy. But, unlike Pentax until recently, Yashica did make cameras other than SLR. I recall using a couple of Yashica 126 Instamatic cameras back in the 60's called EZ-Matic, and these were pretty nice for 126 cameras.

I have to admit that here in RFF I don't pay much attention to what forum a message is in...

Thwe way that the active threads show-up, forums seem to be pretty irrelevant unless you are researching old threads.

-Paul

Since we are on the topic, does anyone have experience with Yashica MC cameras? I picked one up at a garage sale for a buck about a year back. Replaced the light seals and it works great. It doesn't have focusing, and you have to select the distance to object to focus (kinda tricky), but the shots come out great. Anyway, its a fun little guy so I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience.

Back