Your favourite photo(s) you took with a TLR

In this crazy sickness that is camera collecting, my first real TLR was a Yashica-A.
I bought it at a camera swap meet off of the original owner. It has the older,
'undesirable' Yashimar lenses in it. Like any collector, I've been constantly
chasing up the ladder when possible. I own a Yashica Mat 124G and another
Yashica-A with the Yashinon lenses.

However, my favorite TLR shots have been made with the first Yashica-A I bought.
Here's one of the photos:

179459047_f0686c5af2.jpg

I also own a Hasselblad, which admittedly has trumped the Yashica, but some of
my car snapshots from last summer using Arista EDU Ultra 100 film and this camera
are classics. I've been selling prints to people even.

wow...some fine work here! here are a few of mine:

(all with a rolleiflex)
803200920_61868e15b1_o.jpg

512365993_57d4bf05bf_o.jpg

474025434_b8ed3f9411_o.jpg

316853131_1456553cd6_o.jpg

Todd

Here's another with my Rollei. "At the Pond." I gave it a rectangular crop, a class A felony in the TLR world.

Ted

Attachments

• At the Pond II.jpg
    At the Pond II.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 1
burninfilm said:
Just curious, but can you recall what aperture you used for your photo? The Ciroflex and Graflex 22 (same camera, different name) had some pretty good triplet lenses which are plenty sharp when stopped down, and in my experience, perform acceptably when opened up.

I think I had it stopped down to f/16, taken at 1/100th. The Weather was changing between bright sun and overcast that day.

It's also the first time I shot Adox CHS 100 film, perhaps I need to discover its full potential first.

Having said that, at first glance I thought you had made your exposure in the 1940's.

Thank you, Sir. It's one of my goals at these events to shoot some 'authentic' pictures.

defintely. Looks like a photo of WWII, the Debarquement on the Normandie beaches (please note that there's no "y" at the end of Normandie, please)

Rolliecord V

Rolliecord V

Two from a Rolliecord V with 3.5 Xenar

Attachments

• gpk2.jpg
    gpk2.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 0
  • W&Coffee8.jpg
    W&Coffee8.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 0
Wow looking at these pictures makes me want to break out the Yashica Mat 124 again. So far I've only shot one roll, this is kinda dopey, but I like it (Kodak Porta 160 NC, scanned on a crappy old Microtek flatbed, and cleaned up in PaintShopPro):

596315360_e8769aec34.jpg

Last edited:
I have too many favourites...but here's one of the first. This is from early Summer, 1967. It's from the first roll through my new Yashica D.

Attachments

• Sister.jpg
    Sister.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1
Great stuff - your third shot is my favorite. Very enigmatic.

3 jumpers

3 jumpers

Bump. Here's one from 2 weeks ago.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 3 jumpers.jpg
    3 jumpers.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 1
Here's one:

Attachments

• Daily Driver II.jpg
    Daily Driver II.jpg