Zeiss-24mm f1.7-for Sony NEX

kshapero

South Florida Man
Local time
8:03 PM
"According to two of my best sources the upcoming 24mm Zeiss lens for NEX should have an aperture of f/1.7 (faster the current 24mm f/2.0 for Alpha mount). But the very good news (SR5!) is that new E-mount lenses from Sony and also from third party lens makers will be announced within the next 2-3months. I mean those are the REAL lenses and not prototypes…finally!"

This would be very cool.

I think Sony has the potential for an awesome mirrorless system. All they need is a built in finder and some decent primes - their sensors are absolutely tops.

Speaking about Sony, you know what I'd LOVE to see... STF lenses in different focal lengths and mounts, and maybe a bit faster (T/2.5 or so). I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pay to have those perfectly smooth out of focus areas.

Speaking about Sony, you know what I'd LOVE to see... STF lenses in different focal lengths and mounts, and maybe a bit faster (T/2.5 or so). I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pay to have those perfectly smooth out of focus areas.
what is an STF lens?

Given that it's a Zeiss, I don't even dare speculate about the price..

Since the Zeiss lens for nex is designed for an APS-C image circle, and it probably won't have quite the same build quality as the ZA,ZS,ZE,ZF,ZM line, I don't think they will be as expensive as you think. I'm guessing $599 or less for the 24mm.

The new Zeiss is tempting, but I'm gonna stick with my adapted Ultron 28/2. It makes a great pair with the 16mm kit lens (42-24 equiv), and the speed difference and manual focusing don't bother me. 28mm is the "normal" for APS-C anyways.

Back