Zeiss Biogon 35mm f/2 ZM on M8 / M9

jsrockit

Staff member
Local time
11:10 PM
Does anyone have any images they took with this combination? Wide Open would be nice too...

Also, does anyone have a few photos of what the lens looks like on the M8 or M9?

(Note: I'm already familiar with the C-Biogon 2.8, so lets keep thoughts and images from that lens in the thread about that lens... thanks.)

I shoot an M8 often with the f/2 Biogon. It's one of my favorite lenses. I have a lot of favorites I took with that lens.

Here's B&W...

thecolonyshop.jpg

8and8.jpg

Here's Color, which you can't judge too much since I post-process my photos quite a bit...

leftbehind.jpg

promises.jpg

Feel free to check out my gallery for more samples... here's a link to just the 35 f/2 Biogon photos
http://www.dangrabbit.com/photography/search.php?searchstring=biogon

Thanks for the images all. I should have said that I've checked the usual web sources and reviews. I was looking for images that fit my criteria... which DR and DN provided. Thanks to both of you.

Does anyone have a photo of their camera with the Biogon mounted? I couldn't find a really decent one on google. I'm concerned I'm going to think it is too large for my liking.

I find the size of the F2 Biogon just right. But that is from someone who hates smallish lenses with questionable ergonimics. Its diameter (E43) is perfect, to me. It feels much smaller than the current 35/1.3 Summilux FLE, which is "fatter".

M8 and ZM Biogon is great for Portraits if you don't get too close. One of my favorite lenses for such work. Sharp and contrasty yet, the oof area is always calm and lets and not to smoothed out to loose the context of a scene.

5124852555_8b17d39dde_z.jpg

35mm F2 Biogon on my M9. Hood is a Voigtlander LH-6. Fits like a glove and much cheaper compared to a Zeiss hood.

5469134062_69d7e6bb89_z.jpg

Another shot taken by a iPhone (sorry bout the quality of the pic). My 9 year old son's Olympus EP-2 and my M9.

5469158688_a376ebb2b3_z.jpg

Last edited:
Uploaded two pics of this lens on my M8. It's one of my favorite lenses on the M8. Tried a few other 28 and 35mm lenses and this is the one with the best bang for the buck IMO. The C Biogon is really nice too but I like having the f2 if I need it and the f2 Biogon has a slightly wider field of view compared to the f 2.8 C Biogon. Quite noticeable in side-by-side comparisons.

-Thomas

Attachments

• P1000213.jpg
    P1000213.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000211.jpg
    P1000211.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
I use it full-frame on an M6...it's my ONLY lens, however I chose it after lots of research since I wouldn't have much glass for a long time. It's terrific...

5469496924_d333cc6bc3_b.jpg

4032666171_ae0a3daa09_o.jpg

How about a Rollei HFT Sonnar 40mm? I've had mine a month now and find it to be the perfect normal for M8. Small, well built and ltm so you can easily bring up the 35 FL's that fit very well. There has been a few in the classifieds lately. May still be one available.

How about a Rollei HFT Sonnar 40mm? I've had mine a month now and find it to be the perfect normal for M8. Small, well built and ltm so you can easily bring up the 35 FL's that fit very well. There has been a few in the classifieds lately. May still be one available.

Yeah, I'm not big on 40mm lens on cameras without 40mm framelines. I know rangefinders are not that accurate (or so people say), but my M8.2 is very accurate with a 35mm lens at the lengths I tend to shoot.

Thanks for the additional photos of it on the camera trisberg and DM.

Back