Zeiss Ikon Ikonta

Mauro

Mauro
Local time
3:51 AM
I have received a Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 520/2 as a gift; I have found some information on the web, but I would appreciate any comment and tip from other users.
The camera appears to be in good conditions, shutter works, body without dents, lens with minor signs of age.
Thanks for any information and help you can offer to me.

It sounds like you have already figured out how to open the camera and trip the shutter. These are simple cameras and operation is quite intuitive. There is usually a red dot on the aperture scale between f8 and 11 and a corresponding red dot on the distance scale. If you set the aperture and distance at these points everything from about 15m to infinity will be in focus.

On some of these folders, the vacuum created when you open the camera will cause the film to bow slightly toward the lens creating a focus problem. You can avoid this by always advancing the film after you open the camera.

Put some film in it an shoot it. You will be amazed at the 6x9 cm negatives.

Put some film in it an shoot it. You will be amazed at the 6x9 cm negatives.

Word!

Don't know what lens you have and there's a lot of talk about the problems with triplets, front cell focusing, and film flatness -- but do the red dot thing and shoot at mid to long distance then come back and complain.

Enjoy it.

Giorgio

Back