Zeiss Ikon Tenax II outfit

Elmar Lang

Well-known
Local time
8:56 AM
Hello, after a long time, where my interests had to stay far from photography, I am back also to this great forum with a few news.

In other words, I've recently acquired a Zeiss Ikon Tenax II outfit, curiously a few weeks after having purchased Wes's invaluable book on this curious masterpiece, from the genius of Hubert Nerwin.

The outfit is composed by:

- Camera Body Nr. J. 89627 with everready case, code 1717/27;
- CZJ Sonnar 1:2 f=4 cm. with lens cap;
- CZJ Orthometar 1:4,5 f=2,7 cm. with lens cap, leather soft pouch and original cardboard case with printed data;
- CZJ Sonnar 1:4 f=7,5 cm. with lens cap, leather soft pouch and original cardboard case with printed data;
- Zeiss Ikon Wide angle finder code 432/6 in its original soft leather pouch and cardboard case;
- Zeiss Ikon Attachment for reducing field of view, code 580/7, in its original cardboard case.

I am quite happy with it, since apparently is a homogeneous group, belonged to an italian photographer (for instance, the lens cases bear ancient labels, with handwritten data of the lenses in the Ital. language) and other minor notes on paper in all boxes.

The camera body is in nearly excellent condition and the shutter works; only, the 40mm. focusing needs to be slighly adjusted.

The 75 mm. is clear and the rangefinder focuses sharply; the Orthometar also focuses as it should, but there is a few dust between the lenses.

I would like to post here a group picture of the outfit:

Tenax Outfit.jpg

Soon I will take the camera and its lenses for a check-up and adjustment, because I would like to use it.

All the best,

Enzo (E.L.)

Hello, after a long time, where my interests had to stay far from photography, I am back also to this great forum with a few news.

In other words, I've recently acquired a Zeiss Ikon Tenax II outfit, curiously a few weeks after having purchased Wes's invaluable book on this curious masterpiece, from the genius of Hubert Nerwin.

The outfit is composed by:

- Camera Body Nr. J. 89627 with everready case, code 1717/27;
- CZJ Sonnar 1:2 f=4 cm. with lens cap;
- CZJ Orthometar 1:4,5 f=2,7 cm. with lens cap, leather soft pouch and original cardboard case with printed data;
- CZJ Sonnar 1:4 f=7,5 cm. with lens cap, leather soft pouch and original cardboard case with printed data;
- Zeiss Ikon Wide angle finder code 432/6 in its original soft leather pouch and cardboard case;
- Zeiss Ikon Attachment for reducing field of view, code 580/7, in its original cardboard case.

I am quite happy with it, since apparently is a homogeneous group, belonged to an italian photographer (for instance, the lens cases bear ancient labels, with handwritten data of the lenses in the Ital. language) and other minor notes on paper in all boxes.

The camera body is in nearly excellent condition and the shutter works; only, the 40mm. focusing needs to be slighly adjusted.

The 75 mm. is clear and the rangefinder focuses sharply; the Orthometar also focuses as it should, but there is a few dust between the lenses.

I would like to post here a group picture of the outfit:

View attachment 4828754

Soon I will take the camera and its lenses for a check-up and adjustment, because I would like to use it.

All the best,

Enzo (E.L.)
Absolutely stunning, and I'm so pleased to hear that it won't just sit on a display shelf. Enjoy!

Back