Zeiss-Opton Biogon 2.8/35 on Micro 4/3

jamesmck

Established
Local time
5:58 AM
I am having a great time trying old glass on a new Panasonic G1 Micro 4/3. Can anyone say if, with adapter, my Zeiss-Opton Biogon, 2.8/35mm (immediate postwar) will mount safely? In case not all adapters are created equally, the one I am considering is here: http://tinyurl.com/3y9qmto. Their LTM and OM adapters are nice. Vendor warns "Focus infinity (For lens with focal length over 50mm)." What will be the impact on the 35mm Biogon?

James

I think I've heard the rear element protrudes too far back and will touch the sensor. For this reason I can't mount my Russian Biogon clone either.

Jim

I think I've heard the rear element protrudes too far back and will touch the sensor. For this reason I can't mount my Russian Biogon clone either.

Thanks, Jim. The Jupiter-12 seems to be modeled after the pre-war Biogon and has a far deeper rear element than the post-war Biogon, so safe mounting is probably not possible. Vick's suggestion would work with my 1953 Biogon, but I'm not sure it's worth buying two adapters.

Back