ZM C-Sonnar 50mm Photos

A question for Furcafe, should he return to this thread:

"I have the Nikon RF/S-mount version of the C Sonnar, which is optimized for f/2.8."

I read somewhere that all of the S-mount Sonnar Cs were optimized for f1.5. Are you sure it's 2.8?

Kirk

I'm new to the forum and picked up on this thread as I'm about to purchase a Zeiss Ikon with a 50mm 1.5 Sonnar. The following from Hannes Wahry of the Leica Shop in Wien, Austria may explain why Chandler has had no noticable focus shift issues, unlike those with lenses adjusted to correct focus at f1.5 or f2.8

"Dear Mr. Bell,
the Zeiss info means (know it after a long call): The lens is adjusted at F 2.0 so it works to 99% perfect without front or backfocus. If there is any problem with your lens we have to send it together with your camera to Zeiss for adjustment."

U2246I1417204237.SEQ.0.jpg

A question for Furcafe, should he return to this thread:

"I have the Nikon RF/S-mount version of the C Sonnar, which is optimized for f/2.8."

I read somewhere that all of the S-mount Sonnar Cs were optimized for f1.5. Are you sure it's 2.8?

Kirk

Old question from old thread which I only now saw due to today's bump.

All of the S-mount C Sonnars, each and every one, were optimized for 2.8 to fit the widest variety of shooting styles. This, according to a very cordial, and comprehensive email I received from Zeiss in Germany after I inquired.

Thanks, just seeing Kirk's question now :bang: , but yes, I received similar information from Zeiss a couple years ago (after asking them about getting my S Mount Sonnar "optimized"/adjusted for f/1.5).

Old question from old thread which I only now saw due to today's bump.

All of the S-mount C Sonnars, each and every one, were optimized for 2.8 to fit the widest variety of shooting styles. This, according to a very cordial, and comprehensive email I received from Zeiss in Germany after I inquired.

A bit late to the party but..

A bit late to the party but..

I picked up the C-Sonnar a few weeks back and I'm pretty happy with it. I've sorted out the focus shift issues to work with how I shoot. My copy seems to be optimized for 1.5 (a bit soft but in focus) vs 2.8.

On the M8
51026812618_67264e8ca2_b.jpg

51027537141_3edbf1323f_b.jpg

On the M10
50816077933_8cf3717b07_b.jpg

51011888551_32c1acbe42_b.jpg

On the M10 I feel I have to take the contrast down a bit. One the M8... I think it's a wonderful match.

Back