Engraved Helga Plumacher Leica IIIa

Keating

Local time
7:28 PM
Yesterday I bought a Leica iiia from hk old camera shop! I want to know more information and why sold it! Btw I’m the beginner of film camera! Thank you!😀IMG_9897.jpeg

Can we see more views of the camera; especially the rangefinder roller cam? I don't recall ever seeing all those slotted flat-head screws on a bottom plate before but this could be a unique mod(el)? I dunno...

Yep maybe the owner left it to someone! But I don’t know should I keep it or not, when I was buying the camera, I thought it was a Leica factory or maintenance address, coz the engraved so beautiful! Then I google it was the lady name and home address!

I’m very beginner, so I don’t know everything how to identify the model and real or fake Leica! Just the shop seller told me!

I see you have found this thread:

As you say, it is odd/unusual that it has reappeared in HK

The screws on the baseplate are normal. The four in a rectangle hold the little plate inside with loading instructions.

That was my camera. If you Google Helga Plumacher, you’ll find that she died in a plane crash as Lake Rupanco in Chile in 1977. Gosh I’m always interested to know where my old cameras end up!

Helga7 by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Helga9 by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Last edited:

The screws on the baseplate are normal. The four in a rectangle hold the little plate inside with loading instructions.
Yep I think so, so maybe I should return to the shop?

The screws on the baseplate are normal. The four in a rectangle hold the little plate inside with loading instructions

The screws on the baseplate are normal. The four in a rectangle hold the little plate inside with loading instructions.I found this

Becoz i found this, so I want to know more about it, it’s not normal the camera in HK!
That was my camera. If you Google Helga Plumacher, you’ll find that she died in a plane crash as Lake Rupanco in Chile in 1977. Gosh I’m always interested to know where my old cameras end up!

Helga7 by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Helga9 by Vince Lupo, on Flickr
it was yours! But why u sold it? Not good enough? Or some ghost thing? 😅
The camera is missing the ring for the RF window. There should be a chrome ring like on the other window.
oh really? I think I should return it to the shop! N find the other Leica camera! I don’t have enough skill to use it!

In HK old camera shop which located in tsim sha tsui! But why u did u sold it?
As I mentioned in the other thread, there was nothing wrong with it at all. I just didn’t use it very much and preferred to have the money instead of a camera that was sitting around unused. It’s been about 7 or 8 years since I owned it.

It is a Leica llla, one of the most common models. The camera doesn't look very good. It is not very difficult to find this model in a better condition. Above all: check the mirror of the rangefinder.

Erik.

As I mentioned in the other thread, there was nothing wrong with it at all. I just didn’t use it very much and preferred to have the money instead of a camera that was sitting around unused. It’s been about 7 or 8 years since I owned it.
Thank you for your help and your information!! 😀

It is a Leica llla, one of the most common models. The camera doesn't look very good. It is not very difficult to find this model in a better condition. Above all: check the mirror of the rangefinder.

Erik.
I think I will find the more new model of Leica, coz it’s too complicated for me!

If you are completely new to Rangefinder cameras, and film photography- I would suggest starting with a Fixed-Lens Rangefinder, such as the Canonet Ql17 GIII or Minolta Hi-Matic 9. Many to choose from, fast lenses, and automatic exposure via a built in meter. A newer Leica can run several thousand dollars with lens. The fixed-lens Minolta HiMatic with its 45mm F1.7 lens is well under $100.

If you are completely new to Rangefinder cameras, and film photography- I would suggest starting with a Fixed-Lens Rangefinder, such as the Canonet Ql17 GIII or Minolta Hi-Matic 9. Many to choose from, fast lenses, and automatic exposure via a built in meter. A newer Leica can run several thousand dollars with lens. The fixed-lens Minolta HiMatic with its 45mm F1.7 lens is well under $100.
Yep I’m completely new! Before I used the digital camera only, in this few years many people start to use film camera again in hK, so I try to use it! Thank you for your camera suggestion, I go to take a look of the camera which u advise!

Good advice from @Sonnar Brian above. Looks like you don't have a lens for the IIIa body anyway so purchasing a fixed-lens RF or scale-focus camera is a good entry point. Then go from there. Good luck.

Back