Fujifilm X100 VI out on the streets!

Same recipe 200 euro more, when a nikon zf has the option to change lenses, has full frame. Fuji has hype though.. 1800 euro is the cost of a leica m2 and a lens..

Saw it on Instagram. A great first or only camera. My original X100 is too good to have ever been replaced. My only annoyance with the X100 is the hood and filter. There’s nothing better than my 50 Summicron with kens capped over the reversed hood, quickly flipped for use. Haven’t used the X100 hood or UV filter for years.

The question is if is going to be same fiasco as with previous model. Want to buy weren't even accepted for waiting list.
It build so much frustration, those want to buyers switched to Ricoh GR and run this one to sold out as well.

All of the sudden, Pixee doesn't look odd anymore :)

I'm also wondering what this might do to the Leica Q sales. Personally I would prefer the Fuji with its OVF option over the Leica's EVF. But I'm old and set in my ways and I don't have enough income for either model. Just wondering....

I'm all for camera companies getting a push in sales, it means more competition, more products and eventually happier consumers, but what the heck is the X100V craze?? The Tiktok crazes are bananas. I'm still rocking my limited edition black X100, but to be honest, I use my Panasonic GX85 with various small Olympus primes more. I'm not even a fan of X-Trans sensor output, the raw files are terrible in Lightroom and the Fuji jpeg recipes don't really do it for me, either.

The original X100 has a sensor running a regular Bayer pattern.
Yes, so the original X100 and perhaps the medium format cameras are the only Fujis I would use right now. I can get really pleasant colours from my X100, but could never do the same with the sample X-Trans images I've tried over the years.

X100S, second edition of the X100 and the first edition of the XTran sensor, does a wonderful job with B&W when processed in LR and Silver Efex. But so do the XPro1 and XPro2 for my purposes which is about 99.9999% B&W. All the hype about the Fuji color simulations are completely over my head. To me color is just color.

I have x100 "classic", x-pro1 and x-t3 and I use them for B/W. I prefer the last two over the x100 for b/w. And x-pro1 is "special", love it when I use it with my Zuikos... lovely B/W.

Back