Konica LTM Konica 50/2.4 LTM?

Konica M39 lenses
Mine is special

Mine is special

It was used by a very famous photographer in Santa Cruz ...

Seriously, buy one from Noriaki san, he is a pleasure to do business with. I didn't realize he was still selling them, I may pick up another.

That's 150$ more than @matsuiyastore

I got mine few weeks ago from Matsuiyastore. I really like it. Compared with Leica Elmar 50/2.8, the Konica has more pleasing out-of-focus highlight. At f2.8, the Konica renders images more crispy than Leica. All and all, a lovely lens and it'a a keeper.

yes, amazingly crisp

yes, amazingly crisp

One of the few lenses that can out-resolve the sensor of an M8/M9.

I got mine few weeks ago from Matsuiyastore. I really like it. Compared with Leica Elmar 50/2.8, the Konica has more pleasing out-of-focus highlight. At f2.8, the Konica renders images more crispy than Leica. All and all, a lovely lens and it'a a keeper.

Can you post some comparison shots so we can see? I have a modern Elmar 2.8 that I really like but I might again be tempted to try the Hex - if the price is right...

I don't have any slides scanned. I just used my M8 on tripod with the modern Elmar and Hex for a test shoot (Elmar first then Hex). The difference are very small at F2.8. But I like the color of the Hex very much, remind me of the Contax G 45/2 Planar.

Attachments

• Elmar50-f28.jpg
    Elmar50-f28.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Hex50-f28.jpg
    Hex50-f28.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I don't have any slides scanned. I just used my M8 on tripod with the modern Elmar and Hex for a test shoot (Elmar first then Hex). The difference are very small at F2.8. But I like the color of the Hex very much, remind me of the Contax G 45/2 Planar.

Thanks for that, you're right there doesn't seem to be much difference, but the web images are a bit small to judge.

Konica Hexanon 50/2.4 lens?

Konica Hexanon 50/2.4 lens?

Can anyone tell me anything about this lens? I saw it in the used case at a camera shop.

Nice Jon !! :) where was it taken, looks like an interesting place !

(...wait, you got a 50/2.4 Hexanon ? :eek: ... that is no Nikkor, Sir ! :D)

Nice Jon !! :) where was it taken, looks like an interesting place !

(...wait, you got a 50/2.4 Hexanon ? :eek: ... that is no Nikkor, Sir ! :D)

This is at a temple in Kita-Kamakura, Gabor. We should check it out sometime!

The lens is indeed not a Nikkor ;) But its not mine. I'm just the temporary owner, until I send it to Jon in Taiwan (noimmunity).

Just got the lens in the mail today. Two days from Tokyo to Taipei, delivery on a Sunday. Now that's service for ya!

Took it out for a quick preview test spin on my M8. No PP, just conversion, shot without UV/IR filter, wide open.

Late fall, time for roasted sweet potato!

L1005337 1 by areality4all, on Flickr

L1005338 1 by areality4all, on Flickr

This lens is incredibly sharp, yet smooth. Reminds me of my former ZM Planar or perhaps even more the 75/2 cron. Colors are vivid, and much more neutral than the Rollei Sonnar, with which it competes in size (when collapsed).

Konica 50/2.4 LTM?

I haven't used either one, and I am curious which lens is better built and which is optically superior. Also, is the better lens comparable to a 50/2 Summicron?

Raid,

I owned both at one time years ago and their build is very good in either case.

The 2.0 stacks up to a Summicron in every aspect, the 2.4 to a Planar.

People have reported that some Hexanons did not register 100% on their Leicas (it was said to be variations in build that slipped through quality control), but I have not had that experience, nor have I ever heard of anyone who could not have a lens corrected to specs by a repairman.

You can hardly go wrong I'd say.

Over the years I've owned the 2.8/28mm KM, 2.0/50mm KM, 2.0/90mm KM, 2.4/50mm LTM and 2.0/35mm LTM Hexanons. I should do an article on them on my website...

I liked the 2.0 best. It was more ergonomic.

While the 2.4 seemed very versatile at first glance, its mount was oversized on a Barnack, the diameter is perfect for a Leica M but then why would it have an LTM mount...

Image quality wise, I found out I'm more of a Summicron person than a Planar person. The Planar was a bit more clinical.

I found a perfect 'compromise' for both lenses a few years ago: I purchased a nickel Heliar 2.0/50mm LTM from Stephen and it lives on my only Leica, a Leica II. Sharpness is as good as both Hexanons, but size and appearance are also a perfect match to the camera. It resembles a rigid Summar.

I found the 50/2.4 to be exceedingly sharp, if not clinically so. Curiously the 50/2 is not a direct copy of the v4 Summicron as its 6 elements come in 5 groups.

The L-Hexanon wobbles a bit when collapsed, that plus the fact it's not rigid after all, makes it not as confidence-inspiring as the M-Hexanon. That aside, the actual build quality of the two lenses are on par with each other.

Johan: You last post will save me some money. I also own a Heliar 50/2 ltm, so there is no need to get a Hexanon after all.

Back