Leica LTM Leica Screw Mount Conversions - Show Yours

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Yes, that one is nice, above all because it is in black and nickel! And the condition is superb!

Originally it was a Leica I.

The coated Summar is on the right place because it is a conversion too.

The 220313 is not a conversion but from the last series of black Leicas before the war. Beautiful camera.

This is my favorite camera at the moment. Not a conversion, but a superb camera. Bought for EUR 90.

Erik.

40049588501_b2a1372e0f_b.jpg

50335576432_20b81dbe87_b.jpg

Shot with a Summar.

Erik, nice camera and well worn too!

Thank you, Michael, I have lots of fun with this camera. The camera is so worn that it could only have been used by a professional photographer.

This is with that camera.

gelatine silver print (color skopar 50mm f2.5) leica III

Erik.

51493988928_78381c2588_b.jpg

fDGQZ2n.jpg

7BIjMk0.jpg

my new Barnack body, I from 1930 factory converted to II.
rangefinder needs new mirror so I'm gonna test it with a borrowed SA21.

Very nice, Jan. Looks like a post war conversion. Is the lettering filled with white paint or by tin (metal)? White paint is post war, but it looks more like tin.

Putting a new mirror into the rangefinder is quite difficult, but it can be done. I've done it several times now.

The mirror and flexiclamps 10mm and 11mm (needed for removing the eyepieces and the windows) are available here: https://www.ebay.de/itm/301949825871.

Erik.

thank you gentlemen!

Erik, lettering looks shiny so I suspect it's tin. I already ordered the mirror (and a collar for shutter button) ;) so when it arrives I'll give the camera for a full overhaul to my trusted technician, camera feels bit dry. Also I'm eyeing on a nice nickel Elmar that's for sale localy.

Just acquired another black Leica II - a converted Leica I - #11143
Good overall condition - seems to be working. I will post pictures of the camera soon.
Got it from Jimmy Koh in NYC - you may have seen it online. I traded some other gear for it - they gave me a great deal!:)

Why this one? I'm chasing those low number converted cameras AND it is a "Leih-Kamera" -engraved on the top rear:cool:

U26723I1629937703.SEQ.3.jpg

U26723I1629937703.SEQ.4.jpg

Any ideas about why my iPhone 12 photos only post upside down? they are jpegs... doesn't seem to matter if I rotate in camera or not.

What about this one? Not mine but sort of interesting!
Try the link... https://classicconnection.com/produc...leica-ii-d-ex/

Interesting indeed. Not pretty but not without a certain charm either. I like cameras where the owners obviously used them for their utilitarian value - The attitude: "nickel and chrome?- doesn't matter as long as it works!" is ok too.
I have an IA (1929) converted to a II (D) in 1933 in the mail from my tech - it includes a lens conversion of the original Elmar lens - I'll show and tell when it arrives - it is prettier than the one in the link ;-)

Just acquired another black Leica II - a converted Leica I - #11143
Good overall condition - seems to be working. I will post pictures of the camera soon.
Got it from Jimmy Koh in NYC - you may have seen it online. I traded some other gear for it - they gave me a great deal!:)

Why this one? I'm chasing those low number converted cameras AND it is a "Leih-Kamera" -engraved on the top rear:cool:

U26723I1629937703.SEQ.3.jpg

U26723I1629937703.SEQ.4.jpg

Any ideas about why my iPhone 12 photos only post upside down? they are jpegs... doesn't seem to matter if I rotate in camera or not.

If it is a leih-camera, you should give it back! Wonderful camera.

Erik.

I'm scouring the internet for a II or III Nickel/Black beauty. Not sure if I will pull the trigger but these are sweet cameras. Love the pics.

I'm scouring the internet for a II or III Nickel/Black beauty. Not sure if I will pull the trigger but these are sweet cameras. Love the pics.

They really are something to behold - carefully cleaned, the black is stunning. The converted ones are odd in a cool way - a bit more history to research and learn about each of them. Keep an eye out - there are still deals to be found...
The only bad part for me is that I keep wanting MORE!

Nice post-war conversions! I keep selling other non-Leica stuff to buy more of these but I'm also running out of things to sell.

Back