Leotax LTM Leotax - Topcor-S 5cm f/2 and Fujinon 5cm f/2

Leotax M39 screw mount bodies

brobbins

Established
Local time
8:28 PM
I understand that Leotax cameras were sold with both Fujinon and Topcor ltm lenses. Has anyone here tried either the Topcor-S 5cm f/2 or Fujinon 5cm f/2 lens? If so, what did you think of the lens? Is the reputation of one better than the other? Thanks.

I understand that Leotax cameras were sold with both Fujinon and Topcor ltm lenses. Has anyone here tried either the Topcor-S 5cm f/2 or Fujinon 5cm f/2 lens? If so, what did you think of the lens? Is the reputation of one better than the other? Thanks.
I've seen these lenses for sale on eBay from time-to-time. Prices see to range up to $500 or so, particularly for the Topcon lenses. Vintage Topcon is getting quite a following. They are rare for sure. My guess is that they have good optics, but that their price is more indicative of their novelty. I do own a Leotax Simlar 5cm F3.5 which in my judgment outperforms the very similar Leica Elmar.

I think they are rarer than a Republican in favor of the Obama Economic Stimulus bill; however, if you really want one, contact Jiri Ecer in Japan (jiri dot e dot jp at gmail dot com). He can comb the camera shops in Toyko for you. Like David Murphy, he's a top-notch fellow.

He might also give you an expert opinion of these lenses' comparative qualities.

Good luck,
Bill

I own a Topcon 50/1.5, Topcon 50/2, as well as a Fujinon 35/2 which I use on my Leotax F, TV2, and FV as well as a Voigtlander Bessa R2. Top notch lenses which I have paid $$$ for but in comparison to most of my other screw mount lenses, they are my favorites. Would love to find a Fujinon 50/1.2 but I don't think I'll have enough $$$ in my life for that one, unless of course I stoop to buying one at a ridiculous price from those people whom seem to have all the rarieties, and probably will continue for the rest of their lives.
Gary

IMG_0314.jpg
If my LTM Topcor 3.5cm f2.8 lens is anything to go by, then the LTM Topcor 50mm f2 lens must be a splendid lens.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Stop it guys, I'm acquiring Topcon/Fujinon Class Envy! Now I have something new to endlessly lurk the backwaters of eBay and other sites to haplessly search for.

the finder is as large as the lens? how does that work? reminds me of the underwater camera finders
really confused how they can combine the finder

the finder is as large as the lens? how does that work? reminds me of the underwater camera finders
really confused how they can combine the finder

the view is very life size, not too different from what is built in the Canon P camera, only more so.

I really like my Topcor 5cm f/2, but it is a very heavy lens. I think it is the heaviest LTM lens I own.

The Fujinon L 5cm f/2.8 was one of the standard lenses that was sold with the Leotax TV, T2, and K3 cameras.

3337189471_ede8ed956c_o.jpg

I only have experience w/the 5cm/2.8 Fujinon, which seems to be a fine performer, though mine has some fungus (for that reason, & the fact that it's on the slow side, I haven't used it much).

I tried it today, and it was surprisingly a very fine performer.

3374992688_8f0d12535d_o.jpg

3374991844_a116f9ae11_o.jpg

3374992064_f4d3d30810_o.jpg

3374992454_d04c513bbb_o.jpg

Very nice shots - quite sharp and colorful like a modern lens - I suspect these lenses were handmade and individually collimated (this is how Nikon achieved such awesome optical performance in the mid 50's). Is that a digital camera you've got it on?

Back