Myanmar

This is, IMO, the very best thread on the whole of RFF. I can't get enough of these superb photos and they are inspiring me and my wife to head to Burma as soon as we have the funds to do so. Not cheap from the UK but Michael's photos are simply stunning.

Thanks for the awesome compliment Paul, I really appreciate it.

Wonderful, wonderful photographs, Michael, from a country I would dearly love to visit. The shots of the young bhikkus and bhikkunis are fantastic.

Thanks a lot Lawrence, if you ever plan on going there, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Here are a couple of more photos from my recent trip.

17719046423_87ca51459d_b.jpg
[/url]Myanmar by

Myanmar by

Myanmar by

Myanmar by

Myanmar by

I am usually not a fan of the "v" sign when I am photographing people, but this photo is an exception :)
Myanmar by

cheers, michael

Wow, this thread is truly amazing! there should be an exhibition with th pics from here.

Thanks a lot VisualDarkness, I am trying to put a book together soon, but I still need to purchase a proper scanner and there are a couple of things that I would still like to photograph in Myanmar before I make a book. An exhibition in San Francisco in the future would also be nice.

Great stuff Michael!
Excellent!

Thanks a lot Taipei-metro for the nice comment.

17233408602_ccf5fd1884_b.jpg
[/url]Myanmar by

I have known these ladies for a couple of years and it is always nice to see them when I visit Shwedagon Pagoda. They literally scrub the floor of the temple clean with these little hand held brushes. I love to sit and joke with them, they are really nice hard working women.
Myanmar by

15mm vc
Myanmar by

Myanmar by

I love when I see people wearing these types of shirts :)
Myanmar by

cheers, michael

From a predominantly mono shooter it's great to see all this amazing colour! Keep it up Michael....also pleased to read your friend has regained his freedom - some of us don't know how lucky we are.

Upon hearing the news about the recent elections in Myanmar, I knew that I just had to go there. I was only able to spend about 3 1/2 days there due to commitments at work, but I tried to make the most of it. Here are some photos from last weekend. I was fortunate enough to have been able to have borrowed my friends Leica 28mm Summilux for this trip and to be honest, I used it about 95% of the time. Anyways, here are some photos from my most recent trip, I can not express in words how much (fast) Yangon is changing.

22701231339_1032d55657_b.jpg
[/url]Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

cheers, michael

Thank you, Michael. Your images took me "there".

Thanks a lot Raid for that comment….. By the way, I will be in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale ) in December, I doubt that you will be down south, but if you are, please send me a PM, I would love to meet up with you.

The Yangon Central Train Station is probably one of my favorite places to take photos on this planet…… I ike to hang out there for hours and observe all the interesting things….

This was someone's chicken (rooster?) that was tied up to the gate.

23069835376_c76b1fd726_b.jpg
[/url]Yangon by

cheers, michael

Back