Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot guys for the comments.

22688161558_0d139d9319_b.jpg
[/url]Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

cheers, michael

For the first couple of years when I started to visit Myanmar, SIM cards costed around 1,500 USD because the government wasn't so keen on their citizens having mobile phones. As the years went by and Myanmar started to slowly open up, the prices went down to around 500 USD and then to 350 USD. Earlier this year, two foreign telecom companies arrived and introduced SIM cards at the price of 2 USD. Mobile phones and access to the internet is now widespread and one can see people of all walks of life chatting away on their phones and surfing the internet.

22485659913_873cf85208_b.jpg
[/url]Yangon by

Yangon by

Computerized ticketing has arrived at Yangon's Main Railway Station. :)
Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

cheers, michael

I always enjoy visiting developing countries in Southeast Asia. The people teach me how to live a fuller life with lesser things.

Your photos are an eye opener to Myanmar for me, Michael. You inspire me to plan a trip there.

..introduced SIM cards at the price of 2 USD. Mobile phones and access to the internet is now widespread and one can see people of all walks of life chatting away on their phones and surfing the internet...
cheers, michael

this is very, very good news Michael, thank you for sharing!
very inspiring thread, and the later the photos the better I like them, imo increasingly showing 'normal' street scenes

this motive has come more than once, this one, for minimalistic appeal and the expression, I adore:
A couple of more photos from my last trip….

23105859371_3c8b4af1fe_b.jpg
[/url]

[/IMG

Incredible images here Michael! I'm visiting Myanmar next year and it's certainly given me lots of inspiration. I'm starting to doubt whether I should just take B+W film though after seeing so much colour here! Looking forward to seeing more!

Outstanding series. I get a bit emotional viewing them. They are the type of photos I want to take.

Outstanding series. I get a bit emotional viewing them. They are the type of photos I want to take.

Thanks a lot for that comment, it's probably the nicest one that I have ever received. My advice would be "just go for it", that's what I did. Please feel free to send me a PM with any questions if you plan on going to Myanmar, I'd be happy to answer them.

Hi Jon, you are correct, I took that photo from the restaurant on the top of Sakura tower. I should actually go back up there and take a photo with better light, but "landscape" photography is really not my thing.

I was at the Yangon Central Railway Station taking photos and it started to rain, so I just hung around and tried to look for interesting things to photograph. At one point I changed film in one of my cameras and was looking for a trash bin to put the empty plastic canister but I couldn't find one, so I put it on a shelf hoping that a local trash collector would pick it up soon, well about a minute later I saw these two boys collecting rain water with it and using it as a cup. One boy was drinking from the canister and the other boy was using the lid to catch water and drink it. I was able to shoot a couple of photos before the scene ended.

27237868822_d9544c28e5_b.jpg
[/url]Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

Yangon by

cheers, michael

really nice new photos here again. Micheal have you thought of photo book? you have lot of great material, as seen in this thread.

Back