Prague

The Old Jewish Cemetery, 2006.
Zane, as you probably know, leaving the Jewish Cemetery there is a wall where the names of hundreds of Jewish victims are posted.
It was that which 'caused me to "lose it."
A young-about 40 years younger than me- rabbi saw my plight, touched my shoulder and spoke some comforting words.
Always grateful for that.

Zane, as you probably know, leaving the Jewish Cemetery there is a wall where the names of hundreds of Jewish victims are posted.
It was that which 'caused me to "lose it."
A young-about 40 years younger than me- rabbi saw my plight, touched my shoulder and spoke some comforting words.
Always grateful for that.
That cemetery is a heart-breaker. I could not make myself take any photos there.

Last edited:
Prague was one stop on a multi-city European tour and possibly my favorite. The food, the drink, and the fascinating mix of old and new. I spent a whole day just walking around and absorbing the vibe. 2006.

Attachments

• 09-prague-07a.jpg
    09-prague-07a.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 10
Prague was one stop on a multi-city European tour and possibly my favorite. The food, the drink, and the fascinating mix of old and new. I spent a whole day just walking around and absorbing the vibe. 2006.
The building at Staromestske namesti 22 in the very lower left of that photo has been a cafe (with many different names) since the 19th century. In the early 90s when it was Café Míléna, an older waitress who had worked in the space for decades told me she came to work one day, and didn’t notice anything was any different to usual until there were almost no customers, but there was a big crowd of Russian soldiers in uniform outside.

Old Town Square with its very famous 600 year old astronomical clock on the left.

Attachments

• 09-prague-02a.jpg
    09-prague-02a.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7
Back