Rajasthan

What a wonderful set of photos, Marty!! You have a great eye and the portraits in particular are amazing. And thanks also for your commentary on the backstory of your trip and photos.

This is beautiful
Thank you. She is a Kalbeliya woman who called me over to take her photo outside the main entrance to the fort in Jaisalmer. Mostly people who call me over try to hit me up for money for a photo, but she didn’t want anything. Because she didn’t ask, I gave her something.

Wonderful photos.
As a child I was always looking at my fathers photos which he took around India and Burma during the war.
So these wonderful frames invoked memories of that too.

Wonderful photos.
As a child I was always looking at my fathers photos which he took around India and Burma during the war.
So these wonderful frames invoked memories of that too.
Thank you; my wife’s grandfather had some photos from India, mostly in the north-east, from his WWII service as a fighter pilot. It was one of the motivations for this trip; a photo he took at Victoria Falls while training was a strong motivator for an earlier trip to Southern Africa. Glad to have brought some memories alive, and hopefully Rajasthan will look similar in a century’s time, but if not, these photos will remain as evidence about what it looked like in the early 21st century.

Marty

ISO what??
I have been living under a stone for a long long time.
Yes, ISO 100,000, f1.4 or 2, I can’t remember and the metadata are a bit weird (comes from the accessory light meter that meters the flash exposure). It was almost too dark to see.

With a nice fast lens I can photograph anything I can see. Modern digital cameras are great.

Last edited:
Yes, ISO 100,000, f1.4 or 2, I can’t remember and the metadata are a bit weird (comes from the accessory light meter that meters the flash exposure). It was almost too dark to see.

With a nice fast lens I can photograph anything I can see. Modern digital cameras are great.
If there's one regret I have about no longer shooting digital, this is it. Shooting film does have its limitations, I admit!

Back