Rajasthan

Much like the first photo in this thread, that is just a gorgeous portrait of a young woman.

Thank you.

Much like the first photo in this thread, that is just a gorgeous portrait of a young woman.

Thank you.
Thank you and you’re welcome. Lots of the people I saw there were crazily photogenic.

Having a guide/translator has another advantage - this young woman was quite self conscious and had quite unnatural expression when she knew she was being photographed. So I took this while my guide was talking to her.

M10M, 50/1.4 asph.

Late again to this thread, trying to make up for missed moments. So far so good. In fact, wonderful!

Another Golden Moment here. More HCB. Everything unplanned, yet it all fell into place Happenstance.

I now want to add Rajasthan on my travel itinerary. But I fear at my age, I'm a little too old for the trekking that would be involved...

Late again to this thread, trying to make up for missed moments. So far so good. In fact, wonderful!

Another Golden Moment here. More HCB. Everything unplanned, yet it all fell into place Happenstance.

I now want to add Rajasthan on my travel itinerary. But I fear at my age, I'm a little too old for the trekking that would be involved...

Thank you, as I said, the street is like a river. That scene held for a second then flowed away.

If you’re fit enough to travel, you’re fit enough to do this. You could hire my guide, Harish, he’ll get you a driver and you’ll hardly need to walk at all. Everything you’ll walk on is uneven, moreso inside the towns, you can’t see well at night. Take a trekking pole and a small bright torch. When I was there in October, it was hot all the time; linen is your friend anytime outside December-February, and December-January is high season for domestic tourists so you’ll want to avoid going then anyway.

Marty

Last edited:
Great photos Marty as others have said.
My grandmother and step-grandfather lived in India/Pakistan back in the early '60's working for US AID. I'm not sure exactly where as the names have changed over there since then. These photos help me envision what she must have seen when she was there. I remember how worried my mom and her siblings (my aunts and uncle) were when she told them that she was going to go over there for two years, this when she was in her 60's.
I enjoyed looking at your photos very much.
Thank you for sharing them with us.

Great photos Marty as others have said.
My grandmother and step-grandfather lived in India/Pakistan back in the early '60's working for US AID. I'm not sure exactly where as the names have changed over there since then. These photos help me envision what she must have seen when she was there. I remember how worried my mom and her siblings (my aunts and uncle) were when she told them that she was going to go over there for two years, this when she was in her 60's.
I enjoyed looking at your photos very much.
Thank you for sharing them with us.
Thank you, and I’m very glad that this provided some insight about these places.

India is almost too incredible to describe, but it is also changing rapidly. The proportion of the population living in severe poverty has more than halved since 1980 but a lot of people remain very poor. Rajasthan in many ways hasn’t changed much, and a lot of these places have probably changed little in a century. It’s one of the reasons I love it.

Last edited:
Back