Anyone else being put off by all these non-RF threads?

I'm the OP: thanks for all the replies. There's clearly a strong consensus that RFF is fine as it is from these comments.

I'm the OP: thanks for all the replies. There's clearly a strong consensus that RFF is fine as it is from these comments.

Well given how even you yourself call it "enlightened, informed discussion" in your original posting, you don't seem to be that far from this consensus yourself :)

Makes you wonder what the problem is?

Austerby's been a sport taking the feedback. And he takes a pretty good photograph. Loved his pinhole shots in Venice. And we have had an excuse for a bit of a love in. Good result.

I have to add my 2 cents here too. First, I came to RFF in 2007 because of my interest in cameras, optics, and the evolution of technology up through the late 1950's. I'm retired but my professional life was spent immersed in use of optical instruments, optical design, and technical photography. Second, I love photography as a means of personal creative expression. For this I rely on my old Nikon D70 on which I mount every old lens I can find to explore imaging and experiment. Third, I migrated from another online forum to RFF because of the people here (and the people there), RFF's special interest in classic rangefinder film cameras, and the simultaneous the opportunity to share some of my personal creative imaging whether produced by a rangefinder camera or a DSLR.
I guess I'm one of those people who clean, fix, and cherish fine old cameras because I love the technology, but I create images using what I can, which now is a DSLR (an obsolete one at that).
So, I still empathize with the concern that RFF may have drifted off target. However, I firmly believe that RFF is far stronger through a willingness to be be inclusive. David

These no RF discussions are vital to me.
Most of use have more than one systems and probably not all RF cameras.

I'm much more interested in what people think about these new cameras from a RF shooter's perspective.

Plus I've always think this forum more as a 'Anti-SLR' forum :D

I think this site nicely reflects that we all share a common interest in the rangefinder camera but it also encompasses that fact that we do not live in isolated bubble of rangefinders. I feel that when going through the many threads on this site that the opinions on non-rangefinder equipment or photography as a general topic is written from a point of view that I can relate to. Partially because we share a common bond in they type of equipment we chose to use but more importantly that the fact opinions are articulate and civil which is rare commodity on the internet.

We are a complex group of people that have many different opinions and viewpoints just like any group of people that choose to associate. With any group of photographers the topic does tend to drift from place to place because some days its just nice to share at thought and you can only talk shop for so long before it eventually becomes work.

Back